• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

It may matter for team spirit and players' ego. it is supposed to signify seniority and authority. 

I'm sure that Silva has respect in both of those categories from the other players. He has won that on the basis of his performances and not merely as a consequence of longevity.

• Like 1

Blue Rod   
Just now, Sir said:

Wonder what drivel Lampard is gonna come out with post match this time.

"I thought football management was easy. I was wrong. I now respect the profession. I must now spend more time with my family. I thank Chelsea for taking the gamble on me. I am sorry I wasn't up to the job"

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well both Barca and Citeh have won a lot of points doing it.

And so what? They had the players to do so. Do we have an Iniesta? A Xavi? A Messi? This obsession that every team has to play the same way when you don't have the players to do so is damaging. When we beat Barcelona's tika tika team in the CL multiple times did we play tiki taka? We never did. But guess what people remember. That Chelsea beat Barcelona and that's it. Last time we won the league did we play tiki taka? Not all teams that win their league plays this way I don't see why we have to. 

5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Generally, they don’t you are right. Just might be a bit different when you have been earning millions per year for the last 20 years. Plus he has an affection to the club.

I don’t know he had made those comments about not quitting though. He has to be internally questioning himself . 

If you believe in your abilities, as most in football do, then quitting probably feels like letting down the club rather than a relief. Also its easy for us to say he has already made millions he doesn't been more, but put in the position of giving up a few million very few people would, it would still be a substantial percentage of his wealth.

He said - I enjoy pressure. If I didn’t enjoy it I would not have got back into this, or I would walk away at the first chance, and that’s never ever going to be something that I would do

Most professional footballers know when when they have have chance. They also are trained, these days from a very young age to follow instructions, almost blindly so. 

This lot look like a team who know that they’re beaten almost as soon as they are on the pitch currently. 

‘Nothing’ football, ‘nothing’ passing and nothing resulting from it. Shot shy as well, no one seems to want to take any decision, waiting for a change. 

Klopp got 3 seasons, but one thing you couldn’t level at his teams was lack of direction, naivety perhaps at times and a lack of quality personnel, but not a lack of direction. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

"I thought football management was easy. I was wrong. I now respect the profession. I must now spend more time with my family. I thank Chelsea for taking the gamble on me. I am sorry I wasn't up to the job"

You seem to take a little too much pleasure in this. 

3 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

there's talent in the squad definitely. Certainly enough to work with and be optimistic. The group has to remain strong.

Unfortunately, Timo's head has dropped. Looks like Morata mk II unfortunately. It is frightening to see that happen to a player. 

Yes but maybe these players are not as good as we think they are. If we do get a new manager I suppose we will see.

Kezza   
8 minutes ago, Blue_Fever said:

I hate tika taka. I hate passing 40 50 times all the way up to the net for a tap in. Give me balls over the top to a proper number 9. Give me a quick counter attack where you move the ball forward with purpose and don't give the opposition time to recover. This slow buildup from the back that ultimately leads to a cross into the box that leads nowhere is pointless.

Have you seen a high cross from City all game? Tiki taka or not at least there's a structure and identity. What identity or style is Lamps trying to play? 

Edited by Kezza

"If you're here for two years of CV manager after CV manager, a succession of transfer market failures, and a continued ignorance of the academy, that's your lookout. It's not mine, and it never will be. Unequivocally."

Brilliantly put from Chelsea Youth on Twitter imo.