• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

Rob B   
3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Yes I was thinking the same thing, do it now or wait until end of the season, due to the two weeks until the next PL game. Some of that depends on who they want to hire. It is Rodgers for me but that may not be possible mid season, so maybe stick with Frank for now rather than get an interim (if he is their choice)

I like Rodgers and he’s done really well with Leicester but he’s always struck me as a counter-attacking type of coach. (Which I’d hate given the talent we have here)

Perhaps I’ve got this wrong? My money would be on Tuchel or Allegri, which is pretty predictable 

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm even more surprised he reached Christmas. 

This is why I don't think he'll go during the season. I think even the minimum expectation is now realistically beyond us, so there's little to be gained from it. I'm very confident the decision for him to not be here for 2021/2022 has been made though, and likely made by October.

1 minute ago, southcoastal said:

It is a Then and now case, no one doubted your efforts then, Now you were out of order if only for taking it out on Our mod who the now

What? Sir Robben is the reason we have a forum like this to even have a now... This isn't your mom's playground. **** shouldn't be something we get mad about. 

To put this behind us. Sir Robben thank you so much for all you do and JaneB same to you we appreciate all of our mods especially during this time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir said:

This is what I’m saying. I’ve been helping run this website for a DECADE! What thanks have I ever got? Or was it perhaps I never asked for thanks and I kept everything going as much as I could without shouting about it hence why I said all my work went unnoticed because it was so ‘normal’ and so consistent. I have stayed when many and many and many have left. If it wasn’t for ME and MT and the owner this website would not exist! 

Seriously take a look at yourselves before you even begin to have a pop at me. Absolute farce.

Well I'm with you all the way Sir. The entire issue stems from the moronic policy which exists on this Forum relating to language and its policing. It's hopelessly out of date and out of step with the times we live in now. We're 20% of the way through the 22nd century and the social mores which exist now are completely different to how they were years ago. The language restrictions on here fell out of date in the 1960s for goodness sake and trying to maintain them now actually stifles debate and negatively affects a great deal of the life and colour of debate. This is a public forum in the year 2021 and furthermore, it's a football forum! After a day like today passions are bound to run at their fiercest and it makes no sense to try to police the expression of them like a scoutmaster or Sunday school teacher.

Just now, Blue_Fever said:

Can anyone tell me what our play style is supposed to be? I'm struggling to figure it out. How does Frank see us playing? Of the big 6 teams only us and Arsenal I can't figure out what our play style is supposed to be. 

Years ago, when we were destroying all in our wake, the powers that be looked at Arsenal floundering behind us and their philosophy and decided that's what they wanted. 

Now, many years later, we are just like Arsenal but with less backbone, footballing acumen and physicality. 

A job well done. 

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Exactly. Today understandably will get a big reaction, but it tells us nothing that hasn't already been clear, imo, for anything between 2 and 18 months depending on your position.

Yes it has been obvious for a long while.  That is why I kept putting up the table and the teams results against it.  
Football is generally random - in that one or two goals decide it and a weaker team invariably has some chance against a stronger team.  Our pattern of consistently losing to good teams and consistently beating weak teams is in fact highly unusual.  It showed a) something in itself that our game management was unusual and probably bad, and b) that we were going to struggle against Wolves, Everton, Villa, Arsenal, City, and Leicester.

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

If pushed to bet money, it'd be on Lampard staying on until the end of the season and formally getting sacked at full time in game 38. But if you are senior at the club and already of the mind to sack him, now is precisely when you'd wait to do it; with an inevitable City defeat out of the way and as long as you'll get for the rest of the season before the next league game. 

It felt very much that SFL was being pushed out today knowing his time was up.  But then it has felt like that for the last 4 or 5 games.
Kinda of curious what he will say post match, but then again, not that curious I will watch it.

Sir   
Just now, Ham said:

Well I have clearly been using this forum for years with blinkers on.

Today's was a horrible result and tensions are high.

It's unfortunate that words have been said and I'd hope that this bickering could be quickly nipped in the bud. 

I'm very grateful to you and to Jane. Apologies if I took your part in proceedings for granted.

It’s just a tad farcical. I think it was Chara who was bang out of order to be honest. 

So, swearing on the forum? At one point I tried to sort this, but it’s impossible. It’s simply impossible unless there’s a filter or something. We have bad results? Get knocked out of the CL? It’s naive to think no one will swear. They do. I would edit some posts but you would get more and more and more and it would be too stressful and as I say too impossible to sort out. If I see or have seen a barrage of swearing perhaps I’ll edit the post, but as I say in the MDF in particular it was just too much to try and contain so I gave up with it. Posts that need approving not so much. But again, I’ve never ever been paid for helping with this forum, and as said with health it was all too much. And swearing wise no one particularly listens even when you do try.

Also, there’s a difference between subtle swearing and outrageous swearing. Plus, there’s a difference between swearing AT a poster, or swearing a little in your post.

I’m meant to set an example? Sure. Have I ever outright effd and jeffd at a poster in personal attacks? I very much doubt it. Also, it’s hard to rationalise it when other mods/admins may swear, and I think even MT will admit he is and has been partial to effing and jeffing in posts and at members from time to time.

So a little reality check and for some to get down off from the high horse would be nice perhaps.

Just now, Rob B said:

I like Rodgers and he’s done really well with Leicester but he’s always struck me as a counter-attacking type of coach. (Which I’d hate given the talent we have here)

Perhaps I’ve got this wrong? My money would be on Tuchel or Allegri, which is pretty predictable 

I think he plays to the strengths of what he has at his disposal. When you have Vardy to use, you need to find ways of playing him in and counter attack probably suits it best. We have that very problem with Werner.

Going back to his Swansea and Reading days, under his management in the Championship and then into PL with Swansea, they were very much possession based and passing teams. If anything, they could over pass it at times. I think he has adapted his philosophy on this over the years with experience, he will now mix things up much more than sticking to one style of play.

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

How would you feel if Sarri returned?

serious question by the way

At least Sarri realised that if you want to pass it out from the back, you should have 2 ball playing centre backs and a ball playing DM. 

We are making life much harder for ourselves than it needs to be

chelboy   
7 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think if a change does come, the serious questions are what is the vision that the club want footballing wise.

Do they want a coach with new ideas who works with younger players, but lacks trophies on his CV. Along the lines of Nagelsmann, Hassenhutel. 

Do they want a high profile winner along the lines of Allegri.

Do they go more pragmatic and give someone  like a Nuno Santo s chance to step up.

Or Do they aim for a blend of both with someone like Rodgers. 

Rodgers is a bit cringe and David Brentesque at times, but I think he would be one of the main targets I would be looking towards.

I think the hierarchy at the club need to understand what they want first though. 

Thats the real question. What are the boards vision? We should be looking at a manager who we think can grow a project for the next 5 years. It will take time and patience. If we go back for pragmatic defensive coaches then you have to question where we are heading and what football we are trying to play because our last two managers have not been pragmatic. Many will want managers who have won many trophies but I don’t think it’s that simple. I lean more to the Hassenhuttl type and he would be my clear first choice now that Poch is gone.