• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Luton Town 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 4th Round match against Luton Town at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12 midday on Sunday, 24th January 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on the BBC)

When , like many other families did , we moved out of London in the late sixties , we moved to Dunstable and then onto Luton in the eighties so as with Nobly and Jane and their affinity with Brighton , I have a great affinity with Luton Town , they're my second team and I would go to see them more often than Chelsea at one point as my Mum was scared of the Hooligan element at Chelsea at the time.

So ...

We should be able to swat Luton aside quite easily but the problem is they have a decent coach who is eking every scrap of ability out of a poor side and we have king Midas in reverse.

Still think we'll win though but like many , I really don't care .  

paulw66   

I see little benefit in progressing through to a point where we will play a half competent team who will stuff us. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I see little benefit in progressing through to a point where we will play a half competent team who will stuff us. 

Ouch.  Does that mean a repeat performance in the CL as well.

Ruudboy   

Actually, I do care. Even about this. A win here might - possibly - and yes, I may be guilty of self-deceit - give someone a little confidence, and remind him of why it's nice to score. And if not, there is always ale and oblivion. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Oh, ye of little faith, have you forgotten the dark days of the eighties ... ?

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ouch.  Does that mean a repeat performance in the CL as well.

You can get 13/10 on Atletico to win the first leg........that is mental! 

chara   
6 hours ago, blue moon said:

Actually, I do care. Even about this. A win here might - possibly - and yes, I may be guilty of self-deceit - give someone a little confidence, and remind him of why it's nice to score. And if not, there is always ale and oblivion. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Oh, ye of little faith, have you forgotten the dark days of the eighties ... ?

There's the rub BM........unfortunately I can add dark days from other eras but none feel as strange as these.....even JM's meltdown seems reasonable compared to now.

Ruudboy   

Well that's true, Chara, but bear in mind that my second team - Cambridge United - dropped clean out of the league for a number of years, so I'm quite used to depressing afternoons miles from home and unexplained failures to achieve a damn thing year after year. I've also managed teams where for no reason at all, a bunch of superstars suddenly start to go home early, can't be arsed to do a quality job, turn up looking scruffy and unwashed, yadayada.

The issue here is that there is nothing at all wrong with this side that can't be rectified by a bit of hard work, guts, slap on the belly with a wet fish and rational management ..... fill in the other platitudes. It's often the little things that make all the difference. Simply wondering what life is all about, a bunch of overpaid lads playing 11-a-side in a park with nobody looking on not being what they had always dreamed about. Might simply be something as trivial as that. These things can be catching.

Anyhow, looking of the bright wide - my worst sin - old Lamps is (or should be) learning a lot. As my old mum used to say: "the man who never made a mistake never made anything". Given the last month or two, he'll be a ruddy genius by June. Just wish I believed that.