• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

Ha ha , Kante V Maka .

NO competition , Maka all day log . 

Kante is no longer the player he was , he's a borderline liability at the moment , no discipline , can't pass , spends all his time in an area of the pitch he's clueless in.  Actually gets in the way of the clever players. 

I think we should sell him first chance we get . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
58 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think Kantes footballing ability is being so badly undervalued on here at the moment its not really a discussion worth having.

All I will say is this, I genuinely do not think I have ever seen a player do the things he does to the level he does, and all that will come down to the similar attributes you talk of. Ever.

Maka, was what he was. He was phenomenal at it but its chalk and cheese.

I'm judging this on what I saw/can see with my own eyes and so I'm genuinely surprised that anyone would come to this conclusion. 

Kante's first touch is, more often than not, awful and he regularly misplaces simple passes. 

Maka, on the other hand, had the best first touch I've ever seen on a Chelsea midfielder. He looked bang in trouble as a pass was heading towards him and miraculously appeared with the ball with players in his wake. 

His choice of pass was brilliant also. 

Such a wonderful all round player although nobody has the engine that Kante has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ham said:

 

Genuinely shocked.

What specifically is Kante better at in your opinion? 

I'm talking about natural ability with the ball, calmness, footballing intelligence, first touch, ability to read the game, positional sense, I could go on. 

 

Me too. For me Maka was streets ahead of Kante. In a way difficult to compare as they were so incredibly different. But if I had to chose one of them in a midfield I’d pick Maka.

Positional discipline, intelligence and passing ability. Kante is a much better version of Ramires. But he’s still in that mould. Maka made a position in world football based on his abilities. He was legendary. Kante will “just” be another midfielder with a great engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a fit Kante under TT next year is going to be phenomenal.  Again.
I dare say TT will have to be given the credit, now that so many top Chelsea players have been cancelled for betraying Lampard.

51 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Maka made a position in world football based on his abilities.

Maka was so good at one thing, that no one cared if that was all he could do.
The position became Pirlo's role and has advanced a great deal since then.  It was also just another version of the 3rd CB (which is pretty much how Maka played it*).

 

* 3 CBs gets played in lots of ways.  3 flat CBs (Conte, current TT).  2 CBs with a big DM that drops between them as and when (Mikel, Dier, loads of modern examples).  2CBs with a mobile DM that plays just in front and sometimes L/R to cover an absent FB (Maka).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
4 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Kante better passer, better ability at running with the ball, better goalscorer. All these things are part of a players ability. Maka was genuinely great at what he did, but majority of what he did and was great at was without the ball. 

I agree Maka superior in football intelligence, calmness, ability to read the game etc. They are are skill sets where you don't need the ball. In terms of ability with the ball, Kante wins hands down for me.

As per above. Maka superior at everything where they ball not required and the mental aspect of the game. Actually ability with the ball at their feet. Kante all day long.

Maka was a unique one off really. Not really been a plyer like him since, despite many attempts.

If you went into a 5 a side scenario where ability of the ball is key factor. Anyone would pick Kante all day long. Maka would add very little in a 5 a side scenario because the tactical nature of the game disappears and it becomes more about what your actual skill set is with the ball for example.

 

Well, I wouldn't

What is clear from this thread is that there are plenty who are firmly in either camp

Kante in the last 3 games has passed the ball directly out of play more times than I can remember Maka doing his whole Chelsea career. He is poor in possession when under pressure, and we look a lot more secure at the moment when he is off the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Me too. For me Maka was streets ahead of Kante. In a way difficult to compare as they were so incredibly different. But if I had to chose one of them in a midfield I’d pick Maka.

Positional discipline, intelligence and passing ability. Kante is a much better version of Ramires. But he’s still in that mould. Maka made a position in world football based on his abilities. He was legendary. Kante will “just” be another midfielder with a great engine. 

This, for me. If Kante didn't have absurd energy, he'd be nowhere near an elite level footballer. As he gets older, this will only decline further. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

, and we look a lot more secure at the moment when he is off the field. 

This , without a shadow of a doubt .

If Tommy can Tuchel-ize him to do what he wants him to do we may have a chance,  but at the moment ,the thought of him coming between Jorginho and Kovacic fills me with dread . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

This , without a shadow of a doubt .

If Tommy can Tuchel-ize him to do what he wants him to do we may have a chance,  but at the moment ,the thought of him coming between Jorginho and Kovacic fills me with dread . 

"Tuchel-ize"

I like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, I wouldn't

What is clear from this thread is that there are plenty who are firmly in either camp

Kante in the last 3 games has passed the ball directly out of play more times than I can remember Maka doing his whole Chelsea career. He is poor in possession when under pressure, and we look a lot more secure at the moment when he is off the field. 

I'm getting my Chelsea 5 a side in first !

Kante , Hazard, Lampard, Gullit, Cudicini

I'd fancy these 5 to beat any of your four plus Maka :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I'm getting my Chelsea 5 a side in first !

Kante , Hazard, Lampard, Gullit, Cudicini

I'd fancy these 5 to beat any of your four plus Maka :)

Am I not allowed to pick any of your 5?

So Gareth Hall is available?

Edited by paulw66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now