• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Then will probably become clearer in January 2022 if no new contract is offered.

It will become a lot clearer a lot sooner, I expect 

Jasonb   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It will become a lot clearer a lot sooner, I expect 

Especially if we get a run of bad results.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

All 3 stories are just writes up of the Athletic version of the story - they all actually reference it.

The Athletic is big budget and relies on subscriptions and the UK football version has seemed pretty desperate for stories.  

This.

12 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

This.

Do you think it a stretch that Lampard argued with the board over the players he wanted like Conte did ?

I don't .

34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Do you think it a stretch that Lampard argued with the board over the players he wanted like Conte did ?

I don't .

I think it extremely unlikely that Lampard argued with them at all.
Actually I doubt that when Conte got Morata instead of Lukaku he was much fussed either.  Conte wanted out for his own reasons.  
Whereas Lampard probably just wanted it all over sooner.

That Conte seems to have leaked to the press non-stop and that Frank seems to have left them guessing says nothing about their relationship with the board.  But says a lot about them as individuals.

45 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't .

Given the 'sources' you chose to quote, Mark (if you can call them that and keep a straight face), then yes I think that it's a stretch. Dwmh's reply pretty much nails it for me.

19 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Is a short term contract not just the norm when a manager comes in half way through a season?

Is there any examples of someone taking over a club, mid season, and getting a multi year deal?

Grant on a five year contract? 

19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Likewise I can see the attraction to TT as well.  He might have proposed it.  (In which case he still would have said in public he would have preferred a longer contract).

Such as? 

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't .

You can make a case for the awful signings in 2017 but I am not having the same argument this summer. Everyone was over the moon as one by one, these star names were signed, and all in positions that were agreed were problem areas last season.

Nobody was suggesting Frank didn't want these players when we went top in early December

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You can make a case for the awful signings in 2017 but I am not having the same argument this summer. Everyone was over the moon as one by one, these star names were signed, and all in positions that were agreed were problem areas last season.

Nobody was suggesting Frank didn't want these players when we went top in early December

I'm sure the reports I read ( whether true or not , who knows) said that Lamps wanted Chilwell ( not looking the best of buys just now) and hadn't asked for the others .

As you rightly say , we were all happy with them but that doesn't mean they were Franks choices .