• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

4 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I suppose 4th, FA cup final, Last 16 CL was p*ss poor from SFL  in his 1st season, not forgetting the transfer ban, and Hazard departing. Maybe the club should have tried to keep Sarri so the supporters could have had another season of mind numbing football and very little else.

66 points was pretty piss poor.  Cup was ok till the final.  The CL was a real embarrassment.  But for an incredible 30 secs when the ref sent off 2 Ajax players and gave us a penalty we'd have been playing Ropey football.  But yeah, we did play knockout football and lost 7-1.

Certainly Sarri would have done better, we know that.  

57 minutes ago, Ham said:

You'll have to forgive most of us ignoramuses on here for not wanting Lampard sacked whilst we were on a 17 game unbeaten run. 

Forgiven.  At least those who saw it 2 or 3 games afterwards are.  Krasnodoor 1-1, Everton L, Wolves L.

Fortunately I think the board had already made its mind up.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Nothing like conte , whatsoever. Anyone that thinks it is really not worth having a conversation with as it would show that they clearly do not watch us or have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Sorry - but I can see a lot of similarities between how we play and how Conte's team played.  The use of WBs to make a 5 man attack.  Very rapid transitions.  Discipline and the absence of mistakes.  More rotation for now, but then Conte first year didn't have CL or EL to worry about.  Obviously not the same person I'm glad to say.

50 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

So we shouldn't be talking about how well.we have started and get a little bit excited because Emery was **** at Arsenal?

I doubt anyone is disappointed with the start of TT reign, and it has lifted the players and supporters, however as I said I am slightly cautious due to his reputation with the hierarchy at his previous clubs, and lets be honest here PSG are the only team in town in France and TT did do well to get PSG to the final, however he didn't win it even with 350m of strikers.

And our most successful for sometime.

Umm - previous two season PL and FA cup, and the season after 4th and FA cup final with a transfer ban and the club only world class player departed. Puts Sarri reign in to prospective, not forgetting he lasted a year Juve and has been out of work ever since

No it was fine and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Really doesnt change much though, some of us saw the flaws straight away, if it took some nearly 2 years then that's on them. 

Yes there were floor in the first season, however Frank had a free pass and did better than many expected. Unfortunately it was obvious from the Brighton friendly that it was probably a bridge to far for Frank, although many said the opposite and said he needed more time.

Well absolutely yes.

Really - I more of a case Juve was the easy out, He more than likely knew that what was required for the next season with the transfer ban etc. was over and above his coaching ability

You think Hiddink and Grant taking over that team and doing well is the same as Tuchel taking over this team? 

Obviously don't you?

Maybe or maybe not but I will enjoy what we are currently seeing and what will be will be. Tuchel wont be here long, of that there is almost no doubt but he will get plenty of praise for how he has started and rightly so, I'm not sure why you are so obsessed with the notion that he may go in the summer.

It's not an obsession, just unsure whether he ticks all the boxes and this is Chelsea FC, maybe he will get next season and if he does good luck to him.

It is absolutely nothing like Conte. It sort of makes the conversation pointless as I can not take you seriously now, it was hard before but now utterly pointless

This is the funny part. You talk about me being obsessed, you need to look in the mirror when it comes to Conte and your utter dislike for the man. 

As for pointless, its going to be interesting to see your comments should it go south with TT.

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Certainly Sarri would have done better, we know that

Unfortunately comrade, that is something which is impossible to prove and one of your many strawman's

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Why do you (and The Special Dimwit) need to call a more than adequate temporary manager a buffoon?

27 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

66 points was pretty piss poor.  Cup was ok till the final.  The CL was a real embarrassment.  But for an incredible 30 secs when the ref sent off 2 Ajax players and gave us a penalty we'd have been playing Ropey football.  But yeah, we did play knockout football and lost 7-1.

Comrade - Is that not a case of the pot calling the kettle black

Sciatika   

^ Someone's trying to muck-up our unbeaten run.

• Thanks 1

JaneB   
On 26/03/2021 at 2:15 PM, paulw66 said:

Again, well deserved

Quite! Hope he doesn't win it! 

Unbeaten Tuchel wins monthly award after a magnificent March and hopes to keep run going | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club (chelseafc.com)

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It is the first time the German has won the prize after being nominated alongside Brighton boss Graham Potter, Brendan Rodgers of Leicester City and Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

On receiving the award, Tuchel praised the collective effort at Cobham and cited the players as key to our

league table for March

image.png.c436f152ccfad03a34dbdcf0deb8637a.png  

A couple of managers seem to be missing for some reason.  OK Pep has 9 MOTMs already, including January and February 2021.  And two league titles.

And the other guy not even shortlisted?

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

league table for March

image.png.c436f152ccfad03a34dbdcf0deb8637a.png  

A couple of managers seem to be missing for some reason.  OK Pep has 9 MOTMs already, including January and February 2021.  And two league titles.

And the other guy not even shortlisted?

Tuchel - won against Liverpool and Everton, knocked out Atletico Madrid and progressed in the FA Cup.

Mourinho - Won against Palace, Fulham, Villa and lost against Arsenal and got knocked out of the Europa. 

City - won agaist Wolves, Fulham and Soton. Lost against United while knocking out B  Mönchengladbach and progressing in the FA Cup. 

I can agree it's a bit weird from a result perspetive that Pep isn't in the mix, but then again JM rarely was when he won almost always with us in his first stint.