• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

Taking training tonight. 

Welcome Tom, sincerely hope you're as nuts as its been made out I look forward to the histrionics. 

kratos   
begrüßen Sie Herrn Tuchel

don't know how good his cockney is.

Edited by kratos

GURJ SS   

As always with any manager, welcome.

Hope he goes well, I've been reading up about him and I think the club has gone for this because they've realised they made a mistake with Lamps; the board want Tuchel like managers who come and try to win something asap, more greedy and career driven. Lamps is the type of manager that builds things slower and for the long run, we're a club that wants results asap and won't take anything less. An 18 month contract sounds about right, the rest of the season to get everything ready for next season and then 6 months more to show he knows what he's doing in order to get an extension. The club is now back to what we've seen from them for the past 15 odd years, buy, win, move on. That's fine, just a shame it took a legend for the club to realise they can't really change or don't want to change the way they operate.

From what I've seen and read up on Tuchel, he seems to be a bit Jose like in knowing what he wants from his players, and Klopp like in style of football with the ball and Pep like without the ball. Not to their levels, but style wise.

JaneB   
21 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I see they've made a list of people to attack nice and early if they don't manage to break Tuchel himself.

It's a list of his old backroom staff and his mrs  .. don't get too  paranoid (yet)

Sciatika   

If he were reading this, I would advise him to take no notice of any fans or journalists.

DannyLB   

Excellent appointment. I could not be happier. I really don't care how long he lasts. I'm just looking forward for us to look like a proper, organized and disciplined team with some sort of identity. Top 4 is still within reach. We are only halfway through the season.