• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1

Bison   

Decent enough game. Still not as tight as I would like us to be but that will hopefully come with more training / time together. Some really positive and encouraging signs.

Just an absolute shame the club didn't sack Lampard sooner and give the team a better chance of finishing higher up the table / maybe even compete for the title.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

^just to prove it wasn't just me who saw Jorginho today.
Watching him with Kovacic reminded me of Strictly.  Kovacic is the fat politician, who can do the basics and is then given all the show steps to make.  Jorginho is the one whose rapid 2-step gives Kovacic all the time and space to look up and impress.

The first sentence totally negated by the second, third and fourth.

Pure trolling on your part! 

Faramir   

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel: "We are super happy about the result. It was a tough game against a strong opponent but we did very well and controlled the game well. It was a good first half. In the second half we lost more of the possession and the distances in the passing were too long.

"If you play against a quality team you have to accept there are moments you have to suffer. We defended very actively and brave. We were looking for a second goal desperately as that would have killed the game.

"I'm happy with the spirit and the attitude in defending. A very solid team performance and a deserved win.

"It's not about my methods. I'm happy with the attitude, the squad, the potential. They are fine guys, it's a nice group and they are open. It's a pleasure to be around them. We have a lot of support in the whole club. It was a quick start but an easy one because I feel very welcome."

On Thiago Silva going off injured: "I saw Thiago with a big strap around his muscle but we have to wait. It's worrying because it's a muscle injury."

Deserved win after an impressive first half. Second half was a bit grim but we held on. Might well have conceded right at the end which would have been a travesty. Bit disappointing we couldn’t get that second goal. Some good breaks but they mainly ended up in poor choices.  That was a very tough win, in poor conditions. Lots of good signs though. Some good fluent play at times. Jorginho, Kovacic barely lost possession and we always seemed to find a teammate. Three clean sheets for Tuchel. Two wins and a draw. And evidence of coherence, belief and progress. Well done Tuchel. 

chelboy   

Strikers will need to get more chances than they have been getting so far. We need to give them more clear cut opportunities. 3 games so far and I can’t remember to many great chances for them. That’s my only worry so far. 

Blue Rod   

Overall a good performance. Good learning points for TT. We nearly snatched a draw from the jaws of victory at the end. 

I like the fact that we are seeing the individual qualities of the players come through. Different managers can make a team look different after a (at least in the early days) . 

Our players need to work on the quality of the final ball. We were never going to dominate in the second half like we did in the first. So it's important to make it count. 

Not sure that the subs stabilised the game for us. We seemed to have conceded control of to Spurs even more, hanging on uncomfortably in the end. Kante looked way off pace. And as subdued as CHO was by his recent standard, he used the ball better, and made better and quicker decisions than Pulisic. Our midfield also seemed to have lost a bit of power once Kova came off.

I would still like us to go on the offensive the moment we win the ball. We have the players and energy to transition with the first pass of the ball after winning it. No need to take a pause and ping the ball about.   

Top 4 is still possible. Still a lot to play for. 

Faramir   

Three clean sheets in our first three games under Tuchel. This bodes well for the future.