• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Jorginho did okay in his attacking role. But we must stop celebrating mediocrity.

Jorginho is playing in a similar role to KDB, David Silva, and similar central attacking midfielders in Europe. 

In what world is Jorginho an attacking midfielder?

Ham   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Thought he was awful. Risky in possession, and completely wrong footed for that Dier free kick, which would have gone in, on target in the right hand half of the goal.

Yup. So much easier to control possession when you play with your best footballers. Azpi / Rudiger instead of Zouma and Kova and Jorginho instead of Kante. Have said it for ages but Kante playing in a team that wants to dominate the ball is nowhere near as effective as a Kante playing in a counter attacking team.

Should have won comfortably. We missed chances to create chances, rather than missing actual chances. If they'd have nicked a late equaliser, we'd have only had ourselves to blame. 

Some on here seem to have forgotten, we have a lot of very good players. we should dominate most matches. I'd say with a fully fit squad Liverpool and City have better starting XIs, but only City have a better squad. Look at the two subs benches tonight, it's chalk and cheese. Look at the subs Liverpool were bringing on to try and turn the game around against Brighton. That is why this season has been such a let down 

What a miserable post following an away win at Spurs.

paulw66   
Just now, Ham said:

What a miserable post following an away win at Spurs.

What bits do you disagree with?

Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

What bits do you disagree with?

About Mendy for sure.

Did nothing wrong.  You're just looking for reasons to moan.  

This site sometimes......  Miserable.  

paulw66   
Just now, Ham said:

About Mendy for sure.

This site sometimes......  Miserable.  

Really? 

His passing was very loose. Had nothing to do otherwise.

Like I said earlier, that Dier free kick goes on target, it goes in. Got completely wrong footed. 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not at all. Just being objective. I don't think we can win the league with him (or Kepa) in goal.

He's ok for now as he's better than Kepa, but am far from convinced he is good enough , even if we did just Spurs and he had nothing to do.

Blue Rod   
5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In what world is Jorginho an attacking midfielder?

That's a good question. He doesn't win a ball, doesn't defend. As there is no such thing as neutral midfielder, I just guessed he is an attacking midfielder. Perhaps you could tell me what type of midfielder he is. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Really? 

His passing was very loose. Had nothing to do otherwise.

Like I said earlier, that Dier free kick goes on target, it goes in. Got completely wrong footed. 

I totally disagree.  You're judging him on an "If". Plus I simply disagree with you on his passing.  

Ridiculous.  

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

That's a good question. He doesn't win a ball, doesn't defend. As there is no such thing as neutral midfielder, I just guessed he is an attacking midfielder. Perhaps you could tell me what type of midfielder he is. 

I'm not getting sucked into another circular argument with you.

Suffice to say a player who plays just in front of the back 3 or 4, is not an attacking midfielder, and is comparable to KDB or Silva 

Edit - this should say "not comparable to"

Edited by paulw66

paulw66   
Just now, Ham said:

I totally disagree.  You're judging him on an "If". Plus I simply disagree with you on his passing.  

Ridiculous.  

So if someone disagrees , they are ridiculous.

It's called an opinion.