• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

So if someone disagrees , they are ridiculous.

It's called an opinion. 

I think your opinion on his performance tonight is ridiculous.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
Just now, paulw66 said:

I'm not getting sucked into another circular argument with you.

Suffice to say a player who plays just in front of the back 3 or 4, is not an attacking midfielder, and is comparable to KDB or Silva 

Here we go again. You ask me a question, and I give you my answer. I then ask you mine. Yours is not circular, but somehow mine is.

You are saying that KDB and Silva are not attacking midfielders. That is a respectful point, one that many would disagree with. Nothing circular here, from where I'm sitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, Ham said:

I think your opinion on his performance tonight is ridiculous.  

Fine.

80% pass completion, so one in five went astray. Quite high imo when virtually all of his passes are short ones to one of the three centre backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

Here we go again. You ask me a question, and I give you my answer. I then ask you mine. Yours is not circular, but somehow mine is.

You are saying that KDB and Silva are not attacking midfielders. That is a respectful point, one that many would disagree with. Nothing circular here, from where I'm sitting. 

Sorry my post should have said not comparable to..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   

Can we not be happy that we beat spuds  in a London derby? Yes, they’re shite at the moment, but who cares.

Controlled a match for the most part, looked solid in defence and midfield. Yes, we didn’t play well second half but we won!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry my post should have said not comparable to..

 

 

Whatever. 

And whether we call Jorginho a playmaker or distributor, his main role is in attack. And he just needs to create more. I would like to see him do more with the ball. Even the rash David Luiz plays more creative passes these days. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

Whatever. 

Well reasoned response.

I just made a typo, that's all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

 

Yup. So much easier to control possession when you play with your best footballers. Azpi / Rudiger instead of Zouma and Kova and Jorginho instead of Kante. 

 

 

 

I’ll give it a few more months or so for us to really know who the better footballers are. Once some of those that you mentioned get comfortable  and start dropping back to average performances I wouldn’t be surprised. There’s a new manager buzz around but when that goes down we will really see what some of these are made of and which players are the best footballers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Fine.

80% pass completion, so one in five went astray. Quite high imo when virtually all of his passes are short ones to one of the three centre backs.

You know as well as I do that his stat includes long balls.

Why are you trying so hard to find reasons to criticise him?  You sound like someone else on here with your use of stats to reinvent the truth. 

You're better than that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I’ll give it a few more months or so for us to really know who the better footballers are. Once some of those that you mentioned get comfortable  and start dropping back to average performances I wouldn’t be surprised. There’s a new manager buzz around but when that goes down we will really see what some of these are made of and which players are the best footballers. 

Kova and Jorginho are technically better footballers than Kante (who obviously has other qualities) and Rudiger and Azpi are technically superior to Zouma 

That won't change whoever is in charge.

Edited by paulw66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now