• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

Why are you trying so hard to find reasons to criticise him?  

I don't think he is particularly good.

He's tall and is a decent shot stopper but his ball playing is moderate and his decision making gives me the willies.

chelboy   
11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Kova and Jorginho are technically better footballers than Kante (who obviously has other qualities) and Rudiger and Azpi are technically superior to Zouma 

That won't change whoever is in charge.

Technically better at passing and ball control yes, technically better at the roles they play in their positions? Debatable.  

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Technically better at passing and ball control yes, 

Which was my point 

Blue Rod   
9 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Technically better at passing and ball control yes, technically better at the roles they play in their positions? Debatable.  

Always baffles me how passing a ball is technical, everything else isn't. Shooting, tackling, running with the ball, heading, holdimg up the ball - none of these is technical? 

Faramir   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

What bits do you disagree with?

All the miserable bits.

chelboy   
16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Which was my point 

Ahh ok, I thought you meant technically better overall in every aspect of the game. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Always baffles me how passing a ball is technical, everything else isn't. Shooting, tackling, running with the ball, heading, holdimg up the ball - none of these is technical? 

Yeah even decision making and speed of thought  are things I class as technical. Very underrated things in football these days. All those things are different types of skills in the game. 

Kezza   

Happy to see already visible changes and a specific way of football. That's what real coaches do. Bring the best out of the players and not alienate them. It's amazing what you can achieve if you know what you are doing.

I see there are still Jorginho detractors. Get used to it Jorgi will play in this team as he is clearly more suited to how TT wants to play than Kante. At least we won't be seeing Kante in the number 8 role anymore pretty sure of that. We at least have a coach who can sensibly see that Kante shouldn't get anywhere near the box. Jorginho and Kovacic rules this midfield as a first choice.

Edited by Kezza

Drab football game. Very Antonio Conte-like performance from us.

That must have been one of the most toothless Spurs performances I can remember against us at their place. 

These were always 3 very winnable games - Wolves, Burnley and Spurs in their current state away from home. The real tests lie ahead.

But I reckon we are on the right road - a manager focused on defensive solidity more than anything else and prioritizing points over performances.

I think its fair to say that Havertz, Werner, Ziyech and Chilwell are firmly on the road to flops-ville... At least Mendy and Silva have been ok/good. 

Whoever has been in charge of recruitment at this club I think they ought to really look at the job they are doing.. Emerson, Rudiger, Kepa, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Giroud, Higuain, Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Mendy...

What's that been? £450M invested? Shocking tbh.

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Drab football game. Very Antonio Conte-like performance from us.

That must have been one of the most toothless Spurs performances I can remember against us at their place. 

These were always 3 very winnable games - Wolves, Burnley and Spurs in their current state away from home. The real tests lie ahead.

But I reckon we are on the right road - a manager focused on defensive solidity more than anything else and prioritizing points over performances.

I think its fair to say that Havertz, Werner, Ziyech and Chilwell are firmly on the road to flops-ville... At least Mendy and Silva have been ok/good. 

Whoever has been in charge of recruitment at this club I think they ought to really look at the job they are doing.. Emerson, Rudiger, Kepa, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Giroud, Higuain, Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Mendy...

What's that been? £450M invested? Shocking tbh.

Harsh to add Giroud to that list. I think he’s been worth the money. Chilwell has been an upgrade at LB for me. The others can’t really argue with although some are new/young so patience is needed. You forgot another £60M Morata on that list too :(  shows why need a DOF.