• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1

43 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Whoever has been in charge of recruitment at this club I think they ought to really look at the job they are doing.

Roman is the one who sign's off the cheque's, so he is to blame?

5 hours ago, bONes said:

I thought Kante was poor :(

He certainly was rusty. That said, he will start the next game given most have played 3 games in the last 9 days

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I don't think he is particularly good.

He's tall and is a decent shot stopper but his ball playing is moderate and his decision making gives me the willies.

No one had Mendy mistaken for the next coming of Petr Cech but you are being harsh on the fella and I feel you're splitting hairs.

I was concerned about his passing game before he was signed (based on youtube videos) but it turns out that he relatively passes well out of the back (notwithstanding the odd times when he goofs around with the ball). 

Then you forgot to mention he's solved our concerns with aerial balls (crosses) into our box. Lastly, with improved team defending, the gk position is less of a concern than the attackers who have somehow all forgotten how to shoot. That said, the main 'mistake' he made in this game was being wrong footed on Dier's fk but given the distance, the over the wall option was likely which explains why he overplayed it.

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

These were always 3 very winnable games - Wolves, Burnley and Spurs in their current state away from home. The real tests lie ahead.

LOL. Winnable? Says who? The last manager got 4pts from those winnable games: won 1 (Burnley), drew 1 (Spurs) and lost 1 (Wolves) against the same opponents this season. 

25 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

The last manager got 4pts from those winnable games: won 1 (Burnley), drew 1 (Spurs) and lost 1 (Wolves) against the same opponents this season

Ooh Betty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Thought he was awful. Risky in possession, and completely wrong footed for that Dier free kick, which would have gone in, on target in the right hand half of the goal.

Strange. Tuchel went out of his way to praise Mendy's performance in the post match. As others have already noted, you're being unnecessarily harsh on him

paulw66   
48 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Was Zouma injured? Saw he wasn't on the bench for this one.

Yes

8 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Jorginho was great, but Kovacic was greater. He bossed his defensive role, giving nothing  away to Spurs till the minute he was subbed. Jorginho did okay in his attacking role. But we must stop celebrating mediocrity.

Jorginho is playing in a similar role to KDB, David Silva, and similar central attacking midfielders in Europe. He has to measure his performance to them if we are to become a top team; create goals, take the ball past someone and open up defence, or hit a defence splitting passes. These little passes here and there are okay, but not good enough for any team of the highest rank. 

I’m not Jorginhos biggest fan, but to claim he plays in the same position as De Bruyne and David Silva? 😂

Jorginho isn’t an attacking midfielder anymore than Thiago Silva is a striker.