• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1

48 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Still a glass half empty kind of guy?

10 days ago the glass was 0% full.

There is a huge gap even now between where my expectations (and I think the board's) at the start of the season and where we are.
Much more work for Tuchel to do.

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

10 days ago the glass was 0% full.

There is a huge gap even now between where my expectations (and I think the board's) at the start of the season and where we are.
Much more work for Tuchel to do.

Genuine question for you Droy, in your opinion, what do you think success for this season looks like from here? What for you would mean a successful spell for Tuchel between now and the end of the season? Would yours be based on a points total, a final position or need to be a combination of both?

Personally, top 4 would be fantastic, with the way the season is playing out, I think that would count as a success from here on in. Points wise, I don't really care too much at this point, just enough to get us top 4.

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Genuine question for you Droy, in your opinion, what do you think success for this season looks like from here? What for you would mean a successful spell for Tuchel between now and the end of the season? Would yours be based on a points total, a final position or need to be a combination of both?

Personally, top 4 would be fantastic, with the way the season is playing out, I think that would count as a success from here on in. Points wise, I don't really care too much at this point, just enough to get us top 4.

Still achievable, if not challenging. 

32 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Wouldn't a player like Ziyech spot these runs in due time? It reminds me of the Fabregas-Costa period.

Ziyech is probably already spotting them, but they need to play together more. I believe that goes for all our other players as well. They just need to get know his timing, his running patterns, etc. more. 

kratos   
8 hours ago, Leo91 said:

The new 3 pt lane ? 😏

I drive past it alot, and it always seems to look like a toilet from the outside 😆

55 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Anything below 42 points for the back 19 games would, for the sake of consistency, be a disappointment to Droy. 

That’s a PPG of 2.2. If Tuchel achieves that in a season like this he’s a genius. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Anything below 42 points for the back 19 games would, for the sake of consistency, be a disappointment to Droy. 

That’s a PPG of 2.2. If Tuchel achieves that in a season like this he’s a genius. 

Well yes - I still think this is an 85 point squad, and that the problems that teams face this year affect other clubs at least as much (probably much more).

So (and I have said this before) I do expect 40 points for the 2nd half.  Just below half of 85 because Tuchel has had no "pre-season" whereas every other manager has had 19 PL games to get their season into gear.
7 points in 3 games so far.  40 points would imply 6.3 points. Not played the best yet, but this is the start.
So OK results so far.  But the patterns and drills impress me enormously and make me think that we will soon start to score bucket loads.  And scoring 3s and 4s will make opponents scred which is generally good.

Still only 69 points though, I doubt that it will be enough for 4th place.  That is why I (and others) were expecting a change months earlier.

Ham   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Still achievable, if not challenging. 

I still see a lot of teams above us dropping a lot of points,  with the exception of City who appear be benefiting from opting out of a race with Liverpool last season.  

United,  Leicester and Liverpool are there for the taking.  United are relying on one player for creativity,  goals and winning penalties. 

Leicester also rely heavily on 2 or 3 players and, like United,  are an injury or two away from a crisis.

Liverpool players are simply burnt out. 

Like you say,  challenging but achievable. 

52 minutes ago, kratos said:

I drive past it alot, and it always seems to look like a toilet from the outside 😆

Me too. Like a good tooth in an otherwise rotten mouth.  

• Haha 1

Faramir   
3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Still a glass half empty kind of guy?

That sounds super positive for Droy.  :)

kratos   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

I still see a lot of teams above us dropping a lot of points,  with the exception of City who appear be benefiting from opting out of a race with Liverpool last season.  

United,  Leicester and Liverpool are there for the taking.  United are relying on one player for creativity,  goals and winning penalties. 

Leicester also rely heavily on 2 or 3 players and, like United,  are an injury or two away from a crisis.

Liverpool players are simply burnt out. 

Like you say,  challenging but achievable. 

Me too. Like a good tooth in an otherwise rotten mouth.  

Dude get out my head 🤣