• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 1 Chelsea 2

Tonight sums up why I prefer Giroud as an impact sub, I just don’t think he offers enough to cause problems over 90 mins.

Werner playing well though I think and Is playing more as a second striker than an inside forward, it seems to suit him.

Rob B   

We’ve seen the best and worst of Jorginho in the last two games.  I thought he was outstanding against Tottenham - ran the game. 
But against teams that press fast and physically, he’ll always be exposed. 

Faramir   

That was a well worked goal. Chilwell's pass was perfectly weighted, Werner's pass was intelligent to pull the ball back, excellent sweeping shot by Mount into the corner.

I hope we can take the game to Sheffield right from the restart. It would be so nice if we can get a second goal early in the second half.

Just now, Rob B said:

We’ve seen the best and worst of Jorginho in the last two games.  I thought he was outstanding against Tottenham - ran the game. 
But against teams that press fast and physically, he’ll always be exposed. 

This is the big problem with him though, he’s a luxury player in this league but isn’t good enough to be one... if that makes sense?!

Holymoly   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I've yet to discover anyone outside the comments section of the Chelsea Facebook page who says this.  

Certain people here have been less than complimentary about him too. Regarding FB and Reddit I would imagine most of the haters won't be Chelsea fans. The whole situation reminds me in so many ways of Harry's bigging up Frank when he was a kid back at WHU.

Ham   
1 minute ago, Diddymen said:

Wonder if Kante comes on but was a bit lost against the spuds

If he does,  we need to leave Kovacic on. He's the more solid and creative CM. 

Lucky to be ahead . Midfield has been so slow on the ball . Keep saying it but I honestly do not understand what Jorginho brings to the team . Please try mount in the double pivot 

bad 10 mins, but played sensibly and got on top after about 25 mins.  Very patient - like we were just assuming the 3 points come if we don't make a big error H1 - Conte football.

Sheff U took chances early with a high press - neither side took advantage of that.  With the score as it is, Sheff U will have to try the same H2, and I do expect Chelsea to get 1 goal at least from that.

Werner looking v good in this role, and comparatively v happy.  Mount same as ever.  Not sure of the role of Giroud here, perhaps Tammy at h/t

We have 9 subs on the bench, they only have 6.

Very happy with the 0-1 (especially the 0) and quite happy with the performance - right score for what we have seen so far.

Their pen - nevermind the off-side - it was a barge by the forward on Chilwell, could never have been upheld by VAR.
I'm more worried about the early chance/shot in first minute.

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I've yet to discover anyone outside the comments section of the Chelsea Facebook page who says this.  

me neither

Just now, Faramir said:

That was a well worked goal. Chilwell's pass was perfectly weighted, Werner's pass was intelligent to pull the ball back, excellent sweeping shot by Mount into the corner.

I hope we can take the game to Sheffield right from the restart. It would be so nice if we can get a second goal early in the second half.

Yep, was a really nice incisive goal, something you don’t see much from us unfortunately.

A second goal early in the half could kill this off, Sheff Utd will look to hang on and hope for a break, need to kill that belief.