• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 1 Chelsea 2

I would expect some changes for this game, some of our players have played 3 games in a short period and so will need a rest. Silva, regardless of his injury probably wouldn't have been playing in this one and then he can have another rest for the FA Cup game, so hopefully, we don't lose him from many games we'd expect to see him in.

I think Chilwell will get another go at LWB for this one and Pulisic will probably get a start, maybe giving CHO a rest.

Mendy

Azpi - Christensen - Rudigerr

James - Jorginho - Kovacic - Chilwell

Pulisic - Mount

Werner

Diddymen   
7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Mendy

Pulisic - Mount

Werner

Maybe Havertz in for Mount and Tammy / Giroud for Werner?

2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Maybe Havertz in for Mount and Tammy / Giroud for Werner?

Mount and Werner got a rest vs Wolves, I’d keep them in the team in the new roles so help them get used to it and each other, then rest them In FA cup.

15 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would expect some changes for this game, some of our players have played 3 games in a short period and so will need a rest. Silva, regardless of his injury probably wouldn't have been playing in this one and then he can have another rest for the FA Cup game, so hopefully, we don't lose him from many games we'd expect to see him in.

I think Chilwell will get another go at LWB for this one and Pulisic will probably get a start, maybe giving CHO a rest.

Mendy

Pulisic - Mount

Werner

I reckon CHO will play RWB against Sheff Utd. Can see him rotating there with James, in that James plays when we have a team where we need to defend and CHO does when we won't. Expect Alonso to play for his height on set pieces. 

Would also not be surprised to see Kai play as well, probably alongside Mount rather than for him. 

Mendy 

Dave AC Rudi 

CHO Kova Jorgi Alonso 

Kai Mount 

Werner

Edited by King Kante

My team would be 343;

Mendy

Azpilicueta Christensen Rüdiger

Hudson-Odoi Jorginho Kovacic Alonso

Pulisic            Mount

Werner

Rob B   

Surprised so many have got Werner in their teams again. I thought he was pretty hopeless against Spurs and his touch is so heavy that it breaks down most of our attacks.  I’d make 6/7 changes for Sheff United also:

Mendy 

Azpi.   Christensen.  Rudiger 

James     Jorginho.   Kante.   CHO  

Mount.   Pulisic 

Abraham 

CHO keeps his place in the team but moves over to his favoured left side to accommodate Reece.  Kovacic and Alonso are simply rested, not dropped.  Assumes Zouma is injured because I’d play him over Christensen for this opponent.. 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I’d make 6/7 changes for Sheff United:

Err No.

Multiple changes of the 1st team form game to game, is one of the factors in Frank loosing his job.

• Like 1

Rob B   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Err No.

Multiple changes of the 1st team form game to game, is one of the factors in Frank loosing his job.

It’s also one of the reasons why Thiago Silva got injured in the last game and will now probably miss Athletico. 

Tomorrow will be our 5th game in 14 days.  It’ll be madness not to rotate, we’ve got more than enough quality in players like Kante, Chilwell, Ziyech, Tammy etc to come in and do the job.

28 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It’s also one of the reasons why Thiago Silva got injured in the last game and will now probably miss Athletico. 

Tomorrow will be our 5th game in 14 days.  It’ll be madness not to rotate, we’ve got more than enough quality in players like Kante, Chilwell, Ziyech, Tammy etc to come in and do the job.

2/3 changes are ok, but wholesale changes is suicide especially to the back 3 and MF 2.

Even if Silva had been rested for the Burnley game, he was going to play against the spuds.

A top 4 spot is up for grab and the the 1st team has momentum, lets not get cocky because it Sheffield united. Remember last season?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

57 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

2/3 changes are ok, but wholesale changes is suicide especially to the back 3 and MF 2.

Even if Silva had been rested for the Burnley game, he was going to play against the spuds.

A top 4 spot is up for grab and the the 1st team has momentum, lets not get cocky because it Sheffield united. Remember last season?

Completely agree with you. The constant changing of the team was part of the reason we struggled to find any real rhythm under Frank IMO.

I think we need to make some changes for this game, for me it would be CHO getting a rest and then bringing in Chilwell to have another chance in the LWB slot, now he's had more time working under Tuchel.

Our game following this is the FA Cup vs Barnsley, that is where we can rest players.