• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 1 Chelsea 2

Ham   

That result from OT was perfect for us.  Last kick of the game equaliser. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

That result from OT was perfect for us.  Last kick of the game equaliser. 

Yeah, win tomorrow at we're six points off 2nd. Could do with a draw or a win for City in their game against the Dippers. Leicester have Wolves which whilst they should win isn't a gimme. Things could start to look rosie again if we can start scoring properly. 

18 hours ago, Rob B said:

Surprised so many have got Werner in their teams again. I thought he was pretty hopeless against Spurs and his touch is so heavy that it breaks down most of our attacks.  I’d make 6/7 changes for Sheff United also:

Mendy 

Azpi.   Christensen.  Rudiger 

James     Jorginho.   Kante.   CHO  

Mount.   Pulisic 

Abraham 

CHO keeps his place in the team but moves over to his favoured left side to accommodate Reece.  Kovacic and Alonso are simply rested, not dropped.  Assumes Zouma is injured because I’d play him over Christensen for this opponent.. 

No way does TT line us up with only three outfield players over six foot and of those three, two being Tammy and AC. Would be a massive recipe for disaster on set pieces. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'd be amazed if Alonso is dropped for this one.

Edited by King Kante

Rob B   
5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

No way does TT line us up with only three outfield players over six foot and of those three, two being Tammy and AC. Would be a massive recipe for disaster on set pieces. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'd be amazed if Alonso is dropped for this one.

You could say the same about the Burnley game? I think we only had 4 in that game and that includes Silva who is now injured. 

Other than Alonso for CHO or James, what are the other options? Giroud would only replace Tammy so you’re no better off, and my line-up assumed Zouma and Havertz are still injured. 

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

You could say the same about the Burnley game? I think we only had 4 in that game and that includes Silva who is now injured. 

Other than Alonso for CHO or James, what are the other options? Giroud would only replace Tammy so you’re no better off, and my line-up assumed Zouma and Havertz are still injured. 

Yeah, but Silva is twice the player AC is. I am a bit of a flag carrier for AC but games like tomorrow aren't a good match up for him. Personally, I don't think we will have to do much defending tomorrow but the defending we do have to do will come from set pieces, so Alonso will be handy in those situations and he hasn't done anything since he has come back to be dropped again.

At CF I would probably go with Werner a as I think it is important for him to bed into TT's system. However, if not him then Giroud as I think Tammy is also a bit of a non entity at defending set pieces unless it doesn't clear him at the front post, plus he was dire against Burnley.

Edited by King Kante

18 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Did I miss something? Alonso has done well since coming back in. Alright he was puffing a bit in the last few mins against spurs but that's to be expected after so long without a game. He was one of our top performers in both the games he's played. Just look at how poor Kante looked with a short layoff.

Kezza   

Can't wait to watch a game for once. The vertical balls and attempt at balls through the defence is really exciting to watch. Finally.

• Like 1

On 6 February 2021 at 8:37 AM, Rob B said:

It’s also one of the reasons why Thiago Silva got injured in the last game and will now probably miss Athletico. 

Tomorrow will be our 5th game in 14 days.  It’ll be madness not to rotate, we’ve got more than enough quality in players like Kante, Chilwell, Ziyech, Tammy etc to come in and do the job.

I don't think that was the reason, he overstretched and got a thigh injury, although I think he would have been rested for this game anyway.

I don't agree that we need to make too many changes, Sheffield Utd won't,maybe Giroud for Werner,ziyech and pulisic in?

keep James and Alonso in and maybe zouma for silva

Werner has to start in this one for me, let him have a run of games under Tuchel to start getting an understanding of this system, because if/when it clicks for Werner, I think he'll be flying. In addition, I would imagine Tuchel has a better understanding of how to get Werner into the positions we need him to be in and will be drilling into the others players, where he runs and when and how to find him... a bit of patience is needed, but IMO no point in us constantly changing strikers for now.

Giroud can be an impact sub when needed and Tammy another option off the bench or in cup games/when Werner needs a rest, but if it were me, I would be going all out to play Werner back into form.

Rob B   
39 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Werner has to start in this one for me, let him have a run of games under Tuchel to start getting an understanding of this system, because if/when it clicks for Werner, I think he'll be flying. In addition, I would imagine Tuchel has a better understanding of how to get Werner into the positions we need him to be in and will be drilling into the others players, where he runs and when and how to find him... a bit of patience is needed, but IMO no point in us constantly changing strikers for now.

Giroud can be an impact sub when needed and Tammy another option off the bench or in cup games/when Werner needs a rest, but if it were me, I would be going all out to play Werner back into form.

Not for me.  He’s had enough chances. 

Tammy is our best all-round striker IMO and Werner needs to earn his right to start