• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 1 Chelsea 2

9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Very heavy first touch and not brilliant at linking play.  

The heavy first touch is because he is trying to start sprinting and take the first touch at the same time.
I'm not sure if this is how he always played, or how he has been coached at Chelsea.  

chelboy   

From what I have seen so far I think Tammy is a better player than Werner. I will give Werner time but I will put my hands up and say I may have overrated him at the start. From what I have seen so far I don’t think he will cut it at this league but it’s still early days. The pressure will grow on him with the price tag and I think he’s quite fragile. If he’s still like this by this time next year I will offer him on a swap deal with Haaland. We shouldn’t let it become another Torres situation. We handled the Morata situation better by cutting short the whole disaster. 

Faramir   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’d love nothing more than for Tammy to be our number 1, long term striker, but he just isn’t at that level in my opinion. Not strong enough, touch not good enough, doesn’t anticipate balls in and so is often not in the right position when crosses come in. He just isn’t an elite striker and unfortunately never will be, Werner has shown he can be at that level.

Similar accusations could be pointed at Werner too in terms of his abilities in a Chelsea shirt, but Werner has the record in the German league and at international level to show he does deserve the season to adapt and if Tuchel is the manager for next season (which he clearly is), then let’s use the rest of this season to help bed Werner into this system and league... the potential long term benefits of doing this are huge.

To be clear, I’m not trying to dig out Tammy here, I like him and I appreciate what he’s done for Chelsea and think he absolutely has a place in this squad, but just not as number 1 striker.

Agree with all of this.

Leo91   

Agree with most of that but dont think Werner is an elite striker . 

Rob B   
9 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Agree with most of that but dont think Werner is an elite striker . 

His second touch is nearly almost a tackle 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

From what I have seen so far I think Tammy is a better player than Werner. I will give Werner time but I will put my hands up and say I may have overrated him at the start. From what I have seen so far I don’t think he will cut it at this league but it’s still early days. The pressure will grow on him with the price tag and I think he’s quite fragile. If he’s still like this by this time next year I will offer him on a swap deal with Haaland. We shouldn’t let it become another Torres situation. We handled the Morata situation better by cutting short the whole disaster. 

We got lucky with what we got back on Morata that us for sure.

chelboy   
10 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

It’s crazy the amount of money that clubs have  spent on Morata. 

The weekend results have been good for us so far. Hopefully City can beat Liverpool. 

Leo91   

Today will be interesting. Sheff won't sit back, how good are we, it's a real test. Win and we go 4pts behind Leicester and top 4 looks back on. Anything less and question marks still linger. 

10 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Well not for sure.  The rumoured amount for what AM paid for does seem extraordinarily high.  But there is no certainty there.
Of course we might not have paid the reported price for Morata either.

Whatever Werner is, he is an amazing athlete - rapidly yet seemingly never injured - that is rare.
If he never scores a goal again he'd still be an amazing WB.

Just now, Leo91 said:

Today will be interesting. Sheff won't sit back, how good are we, it's a real test. Win and we go 4pts behind Leicester and top 4 looks back on. Anything less and question marks still linger. 

Daughter at Sheff Uni says that yesterdays snow has all gone today. 
Trust but verify:  the Traffic cams indicate the same.

chara   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Daughter at Sheff Uni says that yesterdays snow has all gone today. 
Trust but verify:  the Traffic cams indicate the same.

Hmm...many years ago on a Saturday morning as I sort of surfaced from a Friday night my sister burst into the room excitedly exclaiming "I've been accepted at Sheffield!"

I apparently opened one eye and asked."Wednesday or United"...true story..she went to Leeds!...that's how I got the OT replay ticket!!

Hoping for a good result and another step forward in the new approach.

Werner?..if you watch him off the ball he moves into spaces and does chase back..works hard... hope it clicks for him soon.

• Like 1