• Current Donation Goals

Rob B   
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

You should expect these type of silly comments on Tammy. He doesn’t seem to be liked that much. I would be far more worried about our expensive AM’s so far who haven’t looked like they are up for the challenge. The academy players are the ones that I would be least concerned about. They all seem to have the fight in them. Even Gilmour and CHO put up a fight today. Putting up a fight is the bare minimum. 

I know right,  I can’t get my head around it.  I genuinely saw Ziyech lose the ball 4 times in 2.5 minutes tonight and he didn’t break a sweat all night. (62% pass completion apparently) 

On the other hand, Tammy heading balls out of our box, clearing the ball off the line, running the channels etc.  He’s not perfect,  but he’s not even close to being the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I know right,  I can’t get my head around it.  I genuinely saw Ziyech lose the ball 4 times in 2.5 minutes tonight and he didn’t break a sweat all night. (62% pass completion apparently) 

He did.  On the other hand he was getting some dreadful passes.  CHO, Tammy and Pulisic and a high Barnsley press with the back 4 up on the h/w line ought to have meant a lot of balls over the top.  I doubt we saw more than 4 or 5 all game.

59 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well we made hard work of that. Some looked like they didn’t fancy it. Ziyech, Pulisic played like they wanted to be somewhere else. Disappointing from the two players picked for their creativity. Don’t really have much to say about the performance. Pitch looked lumpy. At least Abraham and Hudson-Odoi took some pride in their display. Kante was pretty steady. Tuchel will have wanted to see a lot more from some who started that game. He won’t have been too impressed. 

Pretty much, this. Those players looking to break into the starting first team, blew their chances tonight. i know that you have to give credit to Barnsley and their tactics, but even so I thought our guys were dreadful. 

chara   
1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

Pretty much, this. Those players looking to break into the starting first team, blew their chances tonight. I know that you have to give credit to Barnsley and their tactics, but even so I thought our guys were dreadful. 

In a nutshell.

Ziyech and Van de Beek both struggling since their moves from Ajax. I know Frankie de Jong and De Ligt both struggled after their moves too, haven't really followed how they have got on since. Looked like a real lack of effort from Ziyech tonight, all we have seen him do is that inswinger from the right

Kepa basically saved us first half with the save of the season arguably. 

Another drab performance. 4 wins and a draw but things have got to improve tremendously performance wise.

Commentators said Tammy looked offside but I felt he held his run. Could be wrong though. 

12 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Kepa basically saved us first half with the save of the season arguably. 

Another drab performance. 4 wins and a draw but things have got to improve tremendously performance wise.

Commentators said Tammy looked offside but I felt he held his run. Could be wrong though. 

BBC drew a VAr- style line showing him to be a foot onside at least.

4 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

BBC drew a VAr- style line showing him to be a foot onside at least.

Plus of course without VAR I presume we go back to benefit of the doubt instead of 1mm.

DannyLB   
2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Very odd that after watching the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic mince around doing absolutely f all, you’d pick Tammy out to criticise who scored a goal, was brilliant defensively in our box and got MOTM. 

23 years old and already our best striker by a mile. 

Some assumptions made here that somehow I meant what I said as criticism. It’s only a matter of fact that he performs very well against lower league opposition. His record proves it. He has also performed well against premier league opposition.

Ziyech doesn’t seem to perform against anyone. I’m actually quite concerned by this. He’s not a 21 year old. 

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Ziyech and Van de Beek both struggling since their moves from Ajax. I know Frankie de Jong and De Ligt both struggled after their moves too,

sums up the level of the Cloggy league

Think about it Philip Cocu won the Eredivisie 3 time in a row with PSG and look what happened when he went to Derby, the same for de-boer at Palace.

Not forgetting the wally with the brolly McClaren was quite successful there