• Current Donation Goals

This will not be a game for any player less than 100% committed and willing to operate at ‘full-on’. 

We do have the ‘benefit’ of being able to play at a lower league club without them having an overly fervent home crowd there. 

I went to the game we lost there, under Average Grant and he made the mistake of not understanding how they played and we paid the penalty for that. He played Cudicini when everyone knew they’d lump it high on top of the keeper as often as they could and love Carlo as most of us did, he couldn’t command aerially. We got done by a goal where the hulking centre forward bullied him. 

I trust that TT is a lot better coach than Grant.

Apparently Kepa is now going to utilise a disguise so that they don't realise it's him . 

kratos   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently Kepa is now going to utilise a disguise so that they don't realise it's him . 

He's going to play on stilts?

bert19   
22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Gilmour has to play - this is probably the only game he'll be selected for till next season.  

Yes - the B team - but not the C keeper.
I'd like to see how Tammy works as a 2nd striker to Giroud, as I can see him playing alongside Werner in the future.

I think they've both benefitted when they've been deployed closer together, similar to what we saw in Oct/Nov when Tammy was the CF and Werner a sort of inside-left forward or inverted LW if you will. 

Agreed on Gilmour.  I wonder if Tuchel thought we could be left short at CM by one injury and decided against him being loaned? At this point, I think 15 or so games out on loan could be a massive learning opportunity for Billy. A real decision needs to be made in the summer with him.  If he stays, he has to start in the Prem and be 1st/2nd sub a lot, or he needs a good standard loan until at least January to get meaningful, regular playing time

Werner's out with the dead leg from the last game. Wonder if Pulisic will feature. He missed the last game due to a family issue.

Edited by charlie_sw69

50 minutes ago, kratos said:

He's going to play on stilts?

Nope.

He's grown a moustache !

kratos   
36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nope.

He's grown a moustache !

He kind of 3 months too late for that.

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

Agreed on Gilmour.  I wonder if Tuchel thought we could be left short at CM by one injury and decided against him being loaned? At this point, I think 15 or so games out on loan could be a massive learning opportunity for Billy. A real decision needs to be made in the summer with him.  If he stays, he has to start in the Prem and be 1st/2nd sub a lot, or he needs a good standard loan until at least January to get meaningful, regular playing time

This is not the rebuild team of last year or even 18/19.  This is meant to be a performance team.  Gilmour shouldn't be playing PL or CL games at all except in an emergency (with Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Mount and possibly James all ahead of him, and Gallacher from September).  Gilmour should be playing the two seasons away he needs already.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Gilmour should be playing the two seasons away he needs already.

Brentford would be a good option next season if they stay in the championship. Not sure being part of a constantly humped team is the answer; I am sure Ampadu and Gallacher can share their experiences in the summer

7 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Brentford would be a good option next season if they stay in the championship. Not sure being part of a constantly thumped team is the answer; I am sure Ampadu and Gallacher can share their experiences in the summer

Perhaps - but Sheff U or Leipzig?  Being in a successful team that doesn't rotate can be a disaster too.
Gallacher was all that was keeping Charlton out of trouble first half of last season (they collapsed after he left for Swansea).
6 goals too.  I'd say that was a good experience.

For me appearances are the real measure of a successful loan.