• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 5th Round match against Barnsley at Oakwell before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Thursday, 11th February 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BBC 1)

asvaberg   

B-team, or A-team for this?

Will Oakwell be playable by Thursday?

Kepa

Azpi - Rüdiger - Zouma - Palmieri

Kante

Ziyech - Gilmour - Havertz(or Mount) 

CHO - Abraham

Edited by asvaberg

Diddymen   

I wonder if TT will set the team up differently and see how things pan out, kind-a like a pre-season friendly

bert19   
3 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I wonder if TT will set the team up differently and see how things pan out, kind-a like a pre-season friendly

Hopefully Gilmour and Havertz can both get some game time.  Would be nice to see Zouma back in as well.  Feel like he was very unlucky to have been dropped in the was he has been.  

Barnsley could be interesting, I know we rolled them over earlier in the season, but no reason for them not to have a go at us this time.  They've got absolutely nothing to lose here.

I would imagine Tuchel wants to rest players, I would also think he wants to try and keep to the same system and formation, so will be interesting to see how many changes he makes.

I expect to see:

Kepa

James Christensen Zouma

CHO - Kante - Gilmour - Chilwell

Ziyech - Havertz

Tammy

Rob B   
42 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would imagine Tuchel wants to rest players, I would also think he wants to try and keep to the same system and formation, so will be interesting to see how many changes he makes.

I expect to see:

Kepa

James Christensen Zouma

CHO - Kante - Gilmour - Chilwell

Ziyech - Havertz

Tammy

Yep I think it'll be pretty close to this.  If TT genuinely does want to give everyone an opportunity though, we may well see Emerson on the left.  

43 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

james

Yes I think both James and Chilwell could play the Azpi role or RCB/LCB in a back 3.

Holymoly   
3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

B-team, or A-team for this?

Will Oakwell be playable by Thursday?

Kepa

Azpi - Rüdiger - Zouma - Palmieri

Kante

Ziyech - Gilmour - Havertz(or Mount) 

CHO - Abraham

I don't know about others of you but the mere mention of Kepa in the starting lineup sends shivers down me. I'd really like to make a bit of a run in this competition and I honestly believe he's still got the ability to throw one last spoke in that wheel.

This could be seen to be an opportunity to play those in the periphery of the squad but I think it would be a mistake to play too many in the one game especially as they will not have played much, let alone together. I think Abraham is nailed on as will be Ziyech and/or Havertz but I would love to see Billy get a game in midfield.

I agree. I don't want him anywhere near the team. I think he will probably play though.