• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

Interestingly since Newcastle brought in a new assistant coach the other week they've been far more expansive with more goals at both ends. Very unlike a Steve Bruce team. I wonder how Callum Wilson being out will effect this. I expect this will play into our hands particularly given the little firepower they have. 

Mendy, Rudiger, Azpi, Jorginho, Mount & Werner are all nailed on to start and deservedly so. Due to form I'd like to see CHO and Tammy join those. The rest is more open. 

Ham   
39 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Interestingly since Newcastle brought in a new assistant coach the other week they've been far more expansive with more goals at both ends. Very unlike a Steve Bruce team. I wonder how Callum Wilson being out will effect this. I expect this will play into our hands particularly given the little firepower they have. 

Mendy, Rudiger, Azpi, Jorginho, Mount & Werner are all nailed on to start and deservedly so. Due to form I'd like to see CHO and Tammy join those. The rest is more open. 

I'd have put Kovacic in with the nailed on starters. 

4 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

wilson being out probably means caroll in again😱

bert19   
13 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

wilson being out probably means caroll in again😱

No bother, I’m sure the physical colossus Christensen & the master of concentration, Rudiger will keep him in check 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd have put Kovacic in with the nailed on starters. 

I think Kovacic vs Kante is very close but agree he is likely to start. Kante is still working his way back to full fitness/form.

Reece James has done nothing to warrant being left out but I can see CHO at WB again. 

Chillwell vs Alonso a coin toss. Tuchel has already mentioned a couple of times he's played Alonso for his height so I guess it depends on who else is in our side and the oppositions set piece record. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

I’m just hoping for another 3 points and a decent performance. The last 2 games where dreadful to watch good results. But So boring to watch 

The danger from them will probably come from Saint-Maxim and the pace of Almiron. 

The ex-Bournemouth (I believe that’s where he’s from?) coach does seem to have made an offensive difference. 

We will need quicker players or try to double up in the midfield areas to prevent them getting past us into our last third and being able to run at the back 3 or 4. 

Depends which way Tuchel looks at it. He might think of limiting their time with the ball by keeping possession, in which case he might go with Kovacic & Jorginho. Mount plays whatever the thinking. In my view we need some pace in midfield to get around and stay around their threats. 

Zouma should play and I suspect Rudiger plays. They’ll be 90 minutes of ‘fun’ watching those two fiddle around with the ball. 

Just hope we can score more than one, because I get the feeling we’ll need them to be able to win this one. 

Ruudboy   

Graeme Jones? Geordie from Gateshead, but was on the Bournemouth coaching team for a while. Agreed: we’ll need to bang in a couple if we’re to win this one

JaneB   
asvaberg   

Mendy

Rüdiger - Zouma - Azpi

James                              Alonso

Kante

Jorginho              Kovacic 

CHO - Werner