• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

bONes   

Our best runs under Lamps were 3-4-3 with Jorgi and Kova in midfield

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

It wasn’t like that against Sheffield. This type of game has suited Jorginho. Newcastle press isn’t as organised as Sheffield was. 

They're still better as a pair than one plus Kante.

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, Ham said:

Having watched that view from behind the goal, that's a penalty because the defender had already buckled Tammy's ankle before he gets the ball. 

This. Clear foul.

16 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Dreadful until that goal. Needs to be judged on what he is producing. Not judged on realigned expectations because of what he has produced so far. 
No football brain and tries to do everything at 100mph. He would improve on immeasurably if he just slowed things down and used his brain. 
It’s all or nothing every time. Even that goal is scuffed! 

Until which goal? The one he made or the one he scored?

13 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Love the way sky trying to find a reason not to have allowed it to stand

Tossers.

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kova has clearly been told to get forwards more often and because of his desire to do so his pairing with Jorgi is excellent , the perfect balance of twin sixes .

Yup. We keep the ball brilliantly when Kante isn't there 

asvaberg   
3 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Not only clean sheet but also zero save. What more?

He did a fine pick-up out by the 16-meter line around 9 minutes played :)

Edited by asvaberg

Ham   
6 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Pass a cloth. Just sprayed beer everywhere. These Sarfend expressions...!

No offence taken. 

Westcliff on Sea/Leigh on Sea actually 🙄

Dominant performance. Jorginho and Kovacic bossing the midfield. Pleased for Werner who’s getting into some good positions. We should have scored another to be honest. Kepa not doing much to ease my nerves with some of his faffing about. Hope we keep things tight at the back and go on and score a couple more. 

chara   

I think Werner's pace is awesome...sheer pace took him in for the assist...didn't look so but watch it again....

Not an amazing half, but a decent half. Newcastle not threatened at all.

Kovacic been fantastic to watch, when he is in this form he's such an asset to this team.

CHO had a bit of a wobble in last 10 mins of that half, but good to see him get back and defend when needed.

Werner been really good again, seems to like working on the left with Alonso and created lots of good space and chances and got his goal, finally! Let's hope he now kicks on.

1 minute ago, chara said:

I think Werner's pace is awesome...sheer pace took him in for the assist...didn't look so but watch it again....

yep and it's the ability to stop and then go again that helps him so much, a Werner with confidence could be a massive weapon for us.

Just now, paulw66 said:

This. Clear foul.

Until which goal? The one he made or the one he scored?

Tossers.

Yup. We keep the ball brilliantly when Kante isn't there 

Both. Credit to him for his assist and goal against dreadful defending.

He’s just not for me. Obviously, I hope he does well because that means Chelsea are doing well. I just don’t rate him. 

He’s just not for me. Unless there is some vast improvement coming from his all round game over the next 6-12 months.