• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

Chrisb    68
2 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Anyone think we would be 4th if Lampard was still in charge?

Also yet to concede a goal from any opposition team

Actually I reckon we would. Other teams above and around us have been having an awful run and the way the opposition have played against us I think we would’ve won the games. However, it’s all hypothetical as he’s not in charge.

5 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Anyone think we would be 4th if Lampard was still in charge?

Also yet to concede a goal from any opposition team

A very kind run of fixtures like our long unbeaten run earlier in the year.

Original 21    55

Thought we might push on and score another. Can’t complain though. Three points. Fairly comfortable. Some good performances. Werner scored and looks dangerous. Hudson-Odoi enjoying himself. We did tend to overplay at times, not take a shot when one was on, or rush it when we did shoot. Finishing wasn’t great tbh. Otherwise we were in control, another clean sheet, and in the top four. Didn’t look likely just a few weeks ago. Well done Tuchel. And well played Kovacic and Werner in particular.

3 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Actually I reckon we would. Other teams above and around us have been having an awful run and the way the opposition have played against us I think we would’ve won the games. However, it’s all hypothetical as he’s not in charge.

Some of the recent managers clearly never read this forum and still had us in the good side category and played like it was the Chelsea of yesteryear.

Chrisb    68

So, Mendy is still going to be the number 1 keeper. Can’t say I’m disappointed.

Ham    833

No discussion whatsoever on the non penalties......

By the way, who noticed Gary Neville signalling "Martin Tyler" in a game of pictionary at half time? (This is genuine)

Screenshot_20210215-220218_Twitter.jpg

Bison    79
31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting idea. Dave is looking leggy and his passing is ordinary

Just to add, I would only want to see James in that position if Thiago Silva is playing. I don't trust Christensen even a little bit.

Pity we let it drop H2.  But still a clean sheet.
Kepa quite a few saves, one excellent/.  Others included the traditional Rudiger shot on goal (well deflection this time) but Kepa was on his line.  The other was the Jojo Shelvey shot from the h/w line, which I guess he had been rehearsing all week ready for Mendy (did we have spies on their training?)  Kepa was out, but still in his box.  Mendy would have been Out Out.
TT says Mendy is still No1, I still fancy Kepa getting the job back permanently, but next season, not this.

I also still fancy Werner having a run out at LWB.  Great day for him, I think he becomes a megastar now.  
Intriguing to see him swap places with Alonso for moments (even Carragaaaah picked up on that post match).

Christensen is looking tougher. Rudiger smarter, Azpi's pace is there right now, all the picked players looked good.  
It is easy for the manager to drop players if the team keeps winning, but really difficult to keep the current bench happy otherwise.

Giroud was fine but I wasn't too happy about his goal.  We all knew where the cross was going, but why was it Mount charging for the near post, putting off the defence and not Giroud.  That is the job of the No9.  10s, WBs and CMs can arrive for cutbacks.

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Oh. So according to Gary Neville Tammy invited a knackered leg? Yeh right.

Tammy did.  It was reckless play - reckless to himself.  It is something that refs really ought to kick out of the game.

1 hour ago, Chrisb said:

After seeing those replays I’ve changed my mind. It was a penalty, what Neville was waffling about makes a mockery of the Kane, Salah, Mane etc penalties that ARE given.

Starting with Kane, Salah, Mane. Refs should not give that pen, but invariably they do.
In the end it is not millionaire players we should worry about, but kids playing unsupervised football up the park who copy what they see TV refs allow.

45 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Goes to show how corrupt VAR is, they just go with whatever the commentators say and as they get to say what they like about Chelsea, we get **** on.

No no.  We have had stacks of decisions go our way this season.  I think post RA this is the 3rd season where refs have net favoured us.  Last season and one other, 11/12 probably, a season when everyone thought we were pretty hopeless and not a threat to anyone in the prem.
Which of course means it could all turn around pretty quick against us.

But it may well turn back if we keep playing this well.  Perhaps from today - I thought the Werner shout was valid too.

King Kante    111
10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Just to add, I would only want to see James in that position if Thiago Silva is playing. I don't trust Christensen even a little bit.

Problem is Rudi and Zouma are very poor at passing under pressure. I do not think you'll see AC dropped until Silva is back. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Problem is Rudi and Zouma are very poor at passing under pressure. I do not think you'll see AC dropped until Silva is back. 

No Rudi isn't.  Zouma is though.  I think we could play Chilwell, Rudiger, Azpi (or James) though if TT really wanted to avoid Christensen.  But from what I have seen, Christensen has had the same confidence boost as everyone else in the squad.