• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The Conversation between the ref and stickley park should be heard on tv. 

Any ref conversation should be recorded and made available afterwards. Until they can justify their decisions (I dont even mind if its a mistake, they are human) they can't be trusted. VAR has just given us a second layer of incompetence. Refs hide behind VAR and visa versa

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

 

Which is what I think he will do once he sorts his head out. 

You look at the chances he has missed this season and those are not chances he normally misses. Something is wrong with him, no doubt, but when he sorts himself out he will score silly amounts of goals.

It's easy to criticise him for the missed chances, and rightly so but it is the amount of chances he gets that makes him so good. For whatever reason he has missed far more than normal. If he had scored half of his easy chances he would be top scorer in the league. 

Yep fair enough. I have been consistent on him with missed chances since he arrived. The missed chances don’t really bother me. I’d rather he gets the chances and misses them, ahead of never getting the chances.

Its the all round game I have serious problems with. When he is bad, he really is dreadful. I think many have turned a blind eye to it, probably in hope that it is just a blip. Missed chances are a blip. His lack of intelligence, his style of play I just don’t see as blips. He is a player who is used to playing at 100mph as soon as he has the ball, because he’s whole game is based around counter attacking and exploiting space. When that space and counter attacking style is not as evident, then you get what we are seeing now.

Head down and attempts to be positive and get on the front foot. Sometimes he’ll get past his man and may lead to assist, the other 6 occasions he’ll lose the ball and break up the pattern of play.

So hopefully you can see what I mean about why is goals and assist will need to be very high for me to appreciate him. If they are not very high, well he just becomes a bit of a liability really. He will need to produce Salah like goal stats for me to be confident he is the right man for Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy we have turned the corner and seemingly sorted out our defensive frailties even Kepa looked a little more assured. Hopefully its not a new boss bounce and it continues as everyone is taking points from everyone this season again. 

We have secured the back now we need to steadily improve the quality around the pitch. Christensen and Zouma always worry me particularly together, Jorg only goes backwards and sideways when he used to be able to pick a great forward pass on occasion and Tammy is too wasteful for me and then spends too long on his bum waving his arms around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never questioned Werners input, he gets himself in the right places several times a game, his finishing has been a bit disappointing but it will return I am sure. He gets more grief than Tammy here when he contributes so much more. Tammy just stands in the middle. How did Tammy not even hit the target with that 6th minute header last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As regards the VAR. It’s clear Sky commentators see things we as viewers don’t. The commentators inform the viewers that things are being reviewed in game. 
 

Viewers and match-goers being able to listen to the conversations would provide complete transparency. The fact that we cannot currently do this just adds to the potential for collusion. Easy, just let people hear what’s being discussed - It’s the people’s game isn’t it?? If it wasn’t for the fans etc, etc - Complete balony of course- too many people making an extremely good living off the back of VAR and in-game technology. Money corrupts unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, East Lower said:

As regards the VAR. It’s clear Sky commentators see things we as viewers don’t. The commentators inform the viewers that things are being reviewed in game. 
 

Viewers and match-goers being able to listen to the conversations would provide complete transparency. The fact that we cannot currently do this just adds to the potential for collusion. Easy, just let people hear what’s being discussed - It’s the people’s game isn’t it?? If it wasn’t for the fans etc, etc - Complete balony of course- too many people making an extremely good living off the back of VAR and in-game technology. Money corrupts unfortunately. 

and reasons why something is not being discussed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Its the all round game I have serious problems with. When he is bad, he really is dreadful. I think many have turned a blind eye to it, probably in hope that it is just a blip. Missed chances are a blip. His lack of intelligence, his style of play I just don’t see as blips. He is a player who is used to playing at 100mph as soon as he has the ball, because he’s whole game is based around counter attacking and exploiting space. When that space and counter attacking style is not as evident, then you get what we are seeing now.

I see the lack of playing style causing Werner's sub performance (and half dozen other players).
He has already proved himelf to me
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I see the lack of playing style causing Werner's sub performance (and half dozen other players).
He has already proved himelf to me
 

Well of course he has. He is incredibly quick which is consistently very high in your rating of a player. 
Werner clearly looks better under TT so far. It simply has not eradicated the flaws in his game though. Like I said, it’s convenient to forget that first 30mins because of a goal and assist. Those performances are not the minority though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yep fair enough. I have been consistent on him with missed chances since he arrived. The missed chances don’t really bother me. I’d rather he gets the chances and misses them, ahead of never getting the chances.

Yes you have and I respect that but it's the chances that he gets that make him what he is. We are not exactly the most creative team yet Werner has had, and missed, an awful lot of chances so far. I mean, if we were to look at all his missed chances, good ones too, and he had taken half of them I dont think anyone would have doubted him this year.

His finishing, up until the first half of this season has always been one of his biggest assets. The chances he has missed are very unlike him, he is pretty clinical. I am convinced it's a mental/confidence thing and even more convinced he will overcome it and when he does we could have a striker that is comfortably scoring 20+ league goals a season.

Quote

Its the all round game I have serious problems with. When he is bad, he really is dreadful. I think many have turned a blind eye to it, probably in hope that it is just a blip. Missed chances are a blip. His lack of intelligence, his style of play I just don’t see as blips. He is a player who is used to playing at 100mph as soon as he has the ball, because he’s whole game is based around counter attacking and exploiting space. When that space and counter attacking style is not as evident, then you get what we are seeing now.

All well and good but he has still had an awful lot of chances, he has just not taken them.

Quote

Head down and attempts to be positive and get on the front foot. Sometimes he’ll get past his man and may lead to assist, the other 6 occasions he’ll lose the ball and break up the pattern of play.

His assist record speaks for itself to be fair to him. I mean, this year alone he has 9 assists so I have less of an issue with this style of play. It's not really any different to say Cesc, in terms of risk vs reward,  who attempted killer passes, they dont always come off whiich also breaks up the pattern of play but in a different way.

Quote

So hopefully you can see what I mean about why is goals and assist will need to be very high for me to appreciate him. If they are not very high, well he just becomes a bit of a liability really. He will need to produce Salah like goal stats for me to be confident he is the right man for Chelsea.

Well yes and I agree with you but I genuinely 100% think he will score and assist lots and lots of goals for us. 10 goals and 9 assists so far this season, when we have been pretty rubbish for a lot of it is not a bad start. he's actually averaging a goal or assist every 124 minutes which I think is ok but could and should be far higher. If he had scored 5 more and when you look at the chances he has missed it should be even more he would be averaging a goal or assist pretty much every game.

Edited by Martin1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on the VAR thing, I used to work for a company for IMG (they basically run Premier League Productions). 

I would be amazed if they were listening to Sky in the VAR hub. They would either be receiving just a clean feed, or an international/world feed with the designated PLP commentary team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.