• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Fantastic weekend for us so far.

Gallagher was very good today. 

Yeah, Utd drop another 2 points and really should've been 3 if the WBA CF had been more clinical. 

Rob B   
5 hours ago, Ham said:

Which is precisely why he needs a rest sometimes. 

He was rested for the Wolves and Barnsley games, meaning Mount has “only” played 3 games in the last 3 weeks.  If we want to win that upcoming list of fixtures, he has to play every one. 

Chrisb   

We only need a draw to get to the magic 40 points and avoid relegation! 

Ah, how I remember the seasons past where this was the aim!

Leo91   

If we've really turned a corner under Tuchel then tomorrow will show it; beating the fodder teams. 

GURJ SS   

I'd like to see us go back to the more bold style Tuchel had in his first 2 games.

I think as much as James is a good player who is still improving, when the ball goes down our right wing if it isn't falling at the feet of players like CHO or Pulisic then it's almost a wasted opportunity to exploit the opposition in a 1v1. If we had a left winger who could go on the outside then James down the right is fine as we have someone else able to exploit the opposition and stretch them, but as we haven't, for me CHO must play wide right; even if it means as a RWB. Also Alonso doubling up in the box when the ball is down the right for us in attack.

I'm hoping to see:

Mendy;

Dave, Zouma, Christensen;

CHO, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso;

Mount, Pulisic;

Werner;

Edited by GURJ SS

6 hours ago, asvaberg said:
Sat, 13 Feb Newcastle United (H)
Sat, 20 Feb Southampton (A)
Tue, 23 Feb Atletico Madrid (round of 16, 1st game) (A)
Sat, 27 Feb Manchester United (H)
Sat, 6 Mar Everton (H)
Sat, 13 Mar Leeds United (A)
Wed, 17 Mar Atletico Madrid (round of 16, 2nd game) (H)
Sat, 20 Mar Liverpool (A)

In principle agree, but above fixture makes me see things differently. Newcastle is by far the "easiest" upcoming opponent the next weeks.

I know what you’re saying, but Mount had had a good amount of rest in recent weeks in comparison to the previous months, I think he’s been rested up ready for this exact kind of run of games.

The gaps in those games are much lingers than we’ve had for some time, so I don’t expect Mount to miss any (if any at all) unless he gets an injury.

• Thanks 1

bert19   
3 hours ago, Leo91 said:

If we've really turned a corner under Tuchel then tomorrow will show it; beating the fodder teams. 

Yep. We’re going to need to be a lot more proactive in terms of our shots on target and getting the ball moving forward quickly over the coming days though. 
This team has a poor habit of struggling against teams that are in poor form - with Newcastle & Southampton next, we need to get over that quickly. 

3 shots on target at Sheffield Utd and 1 at Barnsley suggests urgent improvement is needed going forward. 

3 hours ago, bert19 said:

3 shots on target at Sheffield Utd and 1 at Barnsley suggests urgent improvement is needed going forward. 

Won both of those games. So can’t see where the improvement comment comes from. 

Could go back to Frank tactic’s “we will try and score one more than the opposition”

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Kind of worried about this as we have a tendency of giving teams on a poor run, a life line. PLus Christensen really looks so poor and just a ticking time bomb. 

Mendy

Azpi AC Rudiger

James Kova Jorginho Alonso

Mount Werner CHO

13 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Eh !

beating fodder teams has not been the problem this season "being top of the pile during 17 unbeaten run comes to mind". It is the top half teams where the problem was, which is being addressed and eradicated.