• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

Ham   
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

And go back a few years earlier there was the supposed Ramires dive v WBA. The media coverage of the rare decisions in our favour is so overblown it's not funny.

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

WBA got a phone call of apology from PGMOL head Mike Riley , the very ref who'd booked Cech for play acting whilst collapsed with a fractured Skull , apologising for giving Chelsea a legitimate if soft penalty .

The things we have to endure compared to others is unbelievable . 

12 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Funny I was going to mention that one as well. It is easy to be paranoid.

It was a dive by Ramirez. Not in Erland’s league against Leicester in 97 mind!!!

I wouldn't mind but he was running at speed and was shoved off the ball from behind and to the side. It wasn't even a dive!

I'm amazed at the media reaction to last night's game. Sky have just accepted that Tammy wasn't fouled because Neville said he stepped to the right hand side of the ball and was asking to be scithed from behind and the clear straight arm push on Timo simply didn't happen. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

I wouldn't mind but he was running at speed and was shoved off the ball from behind and to the side. It wasn't even a dive!

I'm amazed at the media reaction to last night's game. Sky have just accepted that Tammy wasn't fouled because Neville said he stepped to the right hand side of the ball and was asking to be scithed from behind and the clear straight arm push on Timo simply didn't happen. 

I think if we hadn’t strolled to a fairly comfortable win much more would have been said.

chara   

Sigh...... Sky must be right so I'll move on!....more to the point I can't find any details of the result of Tammy's foolishness in allowing himself to be tackled from behind?

Seems odd that no update has been given...TT has been quoted as saying no news yet?.....anyone else think it's a bit odd?......maybe I'm missing something being so far away>

Ham   

One more thing about Sky's coverage last night is that they didn't once acknowledge how good Kova was. 

Absolute lip service. Imagine if this was Bruno Fernandes or Jordan Henderson? 

There'd be a tribute tonight.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

One more thing about Sky's coverage last night is that they didn't once acknowledge how good Kova was. 

Absolute lip service. Imagine if this was Bruno Fernandes or Jordan Henderson? 

There'd be a tribute tonight.

We are dominating teams and they are pulling away from some of our players.  Sometimes it is the WBs who get a free ride, sometimes it is the back 3, and quite often it is one of the CMs or both.  It puts a lot of pressure on that (those) players to perform given the opportunities it gets.  
CHO has done quite well. Alonso alright.  Jorginho and Kovacic OK.  But you can't just praise the passes without recognising just how incredible the amount of time and space our CMs had especially in the first half.

He still takes an inordinate amount of time to look up and pass.  The difference was that Newcastle gave him that time.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are dominating teams and they are pulling away from some of our players.  Sometimes it is the WBs who get a free ride, sometimes it is the back 3, and quite often it is one of the CMs or both.  It puts a lot of pressure on that (those) players to perform given the opportunities it gets.  
CHO has done quite well. Alonso alright.  Jorginho and Kovacic OK.  But you can't just praise the passes without recognising just how incredible the amount of time and space our CMs had especially in the first half.

He still takes an inordinate amount of time to look up and pass.  The difference was that Newcastle gave him that time.

I'm not biting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ham   
43 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I'm not biting.

In the light of last night's performance, his reaction just makes him look silly and confirms the ridiculous lengths he'll go to with his many agendas. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ham said:

In the light of last night's performance, his reaction just makes him look silly and confirms the ridiculous lengths he'll go to with his many agendas. 

Offs - the guy that criticises sky for failing to laud his favourite player accuses people of having agendas.

23 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I would add Kovacic and Jorginho to that list. We have seen a different level of Kovacic under Tuchel and Jorginho is playing his best football again.

Could argue Rudiger too but I'm not sure it's a turnaround  just the fact that he is playing again, I know you rate him highly, as do I  very highly.

I know some wont want to admit it but the levels of some individual performances in a short space of time should tell people everything.

It tells me that we have set up the team according to the players strengths. 

Alonso LWB, Jorginho having support from another defensive mid, Rüdiger and Christensen beeing part of a back 3 (neither can play well centrally in a back 4). As for Kepa I see no difference, he is still nowhere near good enough to be GK1 for us. Luckily Tuchel agrees. 

CHO is now played in a position where he starts out by beeing in acres of space on the wide right. That is not the same as being wide right in a front three where you will have opposing defenders attention. 

For me, the increase in players form has been the formation (which is quite impressive by the way). Tuchel could go back and play a 433 and the same issues would surface again. Does that mean the players are better now or that they are used in a different manner? Long-term, is this the formation Tuchel wants to play? Looking back at his previous clubs I'd have thought he was a typical 433/4231 manager. We still don't have the squad to play that formation. 

Normally you talk about efficient ways to be 235 or 325 in attack while not losing solidity defensively. Tuchel has mastered that in a great way, giving us options of being 235 or 325 in attack depending on how adventurous Azpi is while also keeping an excellent balance of the team. Frank never got the balance right this season.