• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

Faramir   
20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are dominating teams and they are pulling away from some of our players.  Sometimes it is the WBs who get a free ride, sometimes it is the back 3, and quite often it is one of the CMs or both.  It puts a lot of pressure on that (those) players to perform given the opportunities it gets.  
CHO has done quite well. Alonso alright.  Jorginho and Kovacic OK.  But you can't just praise the passes without recognising just how incredible the amount of time and space our CMs had especially in the first half.

He still takes an inordinate amount of time to look up and pass.  The difference was that Newcastle gave him that time.

You may be able to claim that for other games, but not this one. Kovacic was moving the ball on quickly and creating his own space by skillfully getting by their players. Their mistake was not being cynical enough to chop him down.

Edited by Faramir

Faramir   
17 hours ago, Ham said:

In the light of last night's performance, his reaction just makes him look silly and confirms the ridiculous lengths he'll go to with his many agendas. 

It must be hard for Droy to keep track of all his agendas.

Hmm... maybe not, he keeps repeating them so many times that they must be impossible to forget. And, impossible for us to forget however hard we try.

Mind you, I am actually glad Droy is on the forum, because he certainly makes it interesting, and many of his contributions are intelligent and insightful.

The trouble with not having an open mind regarding a certain player at the beginning of each game is that you see everything they do from a distorted lens. So when the likes of Christensen, Rudiger, Jorginho and Kovacic have a good game you just don't give them any credit for it.

For example, the Rudiger back pass for the Sheffield United goal would reinforce the negative belief that 'Rudiger is no good'; however, he has done quite well over the last few games.

When I watch a game I like to give each player a 'clean slate' at the start of the match. I want each player to do really well because it helps Chelsea do well.

Faramir   
On 2/17/2021 at 1:12 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Just admiring a man with a mission comment on people with missions.

Yes, my one agenda is to point out your agendas and missions to distort reality. But I try to be restrained and not take the bait too often, or else I would spend way too much time responding to stuff that would just go round in circles.

I think there are a few of us that may take you to task on excessive repetition on specific agendas.