• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

GURJ SS   
Just now, chelboy said:

Jorginho wouldn’t have done anything with that. It was Zouma who couldn’t be bothered to do anything. He did it against Southampton in reverse fixture when he made that back pass. He just seemed to stop playing. 

That was a midfield gap, the midfield's job is to block the lines and not allow a pass into channels when the attacker gets a running start on a defenders facing away from their own goal. Huge gap left open and that was always going to be a goal.

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

I rather like this midfield set up so far. Our wing backs and Timo, Mount and Tammy are the ones misfiring so far, if I can use the word fire at all. Something just not connecting up front. 

It works against a team with no ambition and wants to sit very deep in midfield, but the moment they decide to come out they'll find gaps from both Kova and Kante pressing too high. We need one sitting player.

Blue Rod   
3 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

That was a midfield gap, the midfield's job is to block the lines and not allow a pass into channels when the attacker gets a running start on a defenders facing away from their own goal. Huge gap left open and that was always going to be a goal.

How do you know where in the pitch Jorginho would have stood at any point in the match?. Seems totally speculative to me.

Edited by Blue Rod

This 5 at the back is so boring to watch . Mount is having a poor game Tammy non existent. Would go to a back 4 take off alonso and Dave bring on chilwell and odoi

Edited by Aussie1979

Wrong decisions, heavy touches in key areas, need some boldness and people taking responsibility and not passing it on all the time. 

Time to earn your corn TT. 

It's no surprise to me that we left a gap in midfield , that's what happens when Kante plays.

He's been very good so far but he leaves gaps that Jorginho doesn't .

Blue Rod   
Just now, paulw66 said:

As soon as you pick Zouma and Kante, you lose something on the ball

Kante is having a fantastic game. Zouma could have marked the scorer. Its out forward line that has gone missing. 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

It's no surprise to me that we left a gap in midfield , that's what happens when Kante plays.

He's been very good so far but he leaves gaps that Jorginho doesn't .

That was zouma fault no awareness