• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

chelboy   

Yeah Kante and Kova both like to roam and press. It’s hard to get any of them just to sit but defending for that goal was awful. When your CB jogs around like that it’s worrying. Body language wasn’t good at all. Not the first time I have seen poor body language in the past few weeks. 

Watch a replay from behind the play for the goal. Look at Zouma’s body shape and you’ll see why their player had the freedom of our last third. 

Blue Rod   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

It's no surprise to me that we left a gap in midfield , that's what happens when Kante plays.

He's been very good so far but he leaves gaps that Jorginho doesn't .

There is no gap in our midfield. We have dominated this game. One pass in 45 minutes,  to an unmarked player is hardly a proof of some gap.

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

How do you know where in the pitch Jorginho would have stood at any point in the match?. Seems totally speculative to me.

Because he always sits deeper than Kova by a few yards, and always in that channel between the passer and his centre back. He isn't a strong tackler or strong runner, but his positioning is a strong point of his, he has been doing it ever since Tuchel has come to the club. He plays in an imaginary D in front of the defence, even in a double 6 he sits and blocks the channels. First game he doesn't play and the opposition finds the channel, a poor opposition too.

Faramir   
Just now, Aussie1979 said:

This 5 at the back is so boring to watch . Mount is having a poor game Tammy non existent. Would go to a back 4 take off alonso and Dave bring on zyiech and odoi

We have not been behind in a game with Tuchel, I'm interested to see what adjustments he makes at half-time, and how the players respond to whatever methods he uses to get them fired up.

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Because he always sits deeper than Kova by a few yards, and always in that channel between the passer and his centre back. He isn't a strong tackler or strong runner, but his positioning is a strong point of his, he has been doing it ever since Tuchel has come to the club. He plays in an imaginary D in front of the defence, even in a double 6 he sits and blocks the channels. First game he doesn't play and the opposition finds the channel, a poor opposition too.

In 2 seasons I must have seen Jorginho block a pass once. Unless you're saying the ball would have hit him on its way.

Edited by Blue Rod

Abraham . We may as well play a blue dustbin second half for what he's shown .