• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

Aussie1979    19

Totally disagree with what his answer was in subbing odoi . Loads of poor performances today he was far to negative in his approach to the game . That’s what cost us and poor substitutions Chasing : points and we keep 5 at the back  sorry but we are really boring to watch under him

thevelourfog    223
7 minutes ago, Faramir said:

One of the ways to prepare for next season is put in good performances and results this season.

When you say this season has been done for awhile you cannot mean top 4 because we are right in the mix with a host of other teams.

And if you are referring to the title, then obviously we will not get that, but neither will another 18 teams.

I mean what I say; I'm confident we won't make the top 4 and that doing so has been difficult to the point of impossible for a while. It really, really doesn't matter too much where we are in the table in February. West Ham are 5th, ffs. What matters is what we can be realistically expected to do over the course of 38 games. It has been many months since 70 or so points looked doable. The chances of us drastically improving our form and our competitors all going from "up and down" to just "down" are very slim.

On your first paragraph ... Well, yes. That doesn't seem to be the route we're taking. I'll be willing to listen if you want to say you think lining up with 7 defensive players against a side who have lost 6 on the trot suggests that results are what we're primarily going for.

Faramir    75
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Harsh on CHO. Very harsh. He was better than Alonso and Werner today. The sub took us backwards. 

Maybe he wants to send a message tailored specifically to CHO.

The key for it to pay-off is if he speaks to him 'one-on-one' and tells him that he has the potential to be a top player and he needs to hit a high standard consistently. He also has to have that conversation now.

I hope the two of them already have a positive relationship otherwise this approach can 'back fire'.

thevelourfog    223
18 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I don't understand your pessimism regarding facing these four teams. All four have all been just as erratic with results and performances as us.

You're the one attaching pessimism to my words, not me. I just don't expect a drastic change in our form.

Again, if you think we are going to get drastically different results against better sides in upcoming games than we have so far this season, please say so.

(Edit: Leeds of course not a better side, but I expect a tricky away fixture after that run!)

Edited by thevelourfog

Holymoly    163
27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Referee.........well he gave us a penalty but 3 minutes injury time when there were 6 subs, and Djenepo was down for 2 minutes. Incredible. 

To be fair mate we could be playing all night and we still wouldn't have found a winner from open play.

Holymoly    163
10 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Totally disagree with what his answer was in subbing odoi . Loads of poor performances today he was far to negative in his approach to the game .

I'm coming around to the idea that TT is setting too much store on just not losing any matches. Accordingly we are going in to games with a far too safe approach. Keep possession way from the opposition and hope we get a goal from a set piece.

EDIT

I'm beginning to realise what Arsenal supporters lived through the last 10 years or so of Wengers reign.

Edited by Holymoly

24 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I don't understand your pessimism regarding facing these four teams. All four have all been just as erratic with results and performances as us.

We haven't been erratic with results since the change at all (nor were we before) and been incredibly consistent with performances.
We were consistently moderate before, and we are consistently a little bit better (and less exposed at the back).  But neither before or since have we been excellent.  Not for a single game yet.

It is progress, but not at the level that gives me confidence we could beat one of Leicester, City, Liverpool or United, let alone 2 or 3 of them.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Phoenix Blue    18

I actually thought we did a lot of things right, the issue we have is that once we get into the final third all the players seem to have a complete lack of passing ability and and go clueless. It might be apart from Mount that some of them are not as good as think they are.

The passing out of the back when pressed is completely beyond the players we have back there, I would excuse Silva when fit, the others are a nightmare waiting to happen. 

As for our center forward options we are no where near having the quality we need to be a force again. 

Midfield is sorely lacking in creativity and there is no one who can make the pass that counts, when on rare occasions such a pass is made the lack of decision making and technical ability is sadly missing.

I am sure Tuchel already knows this and will sort it either during the summer or by finding a way to get Havertz to fit into his system and fulfilling his potential that was evident when in played in the Bundesliga.

The things I do notice that he has improved are the energy and pressing we now put teams under, plus he is willing to make changes sooner rather than later.

At the moment we have Chilwell, Havertz and Pulisic, along with Ziyech who he needs to integrate into this team?

Not the result we wanted but at least a point rather than nothing.

Edited by Phoenix Blue
Missed a word

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I'm coming around to the idea that TT is setting too much store on just not losing any matches. Accordingly we are going in to games with a far too safe approach. Keep possession way from the opposition and hope we get a goal from a set piece.

EDIT

I'm beginning to realise what Arsenal supporters lived through the last 10 years or so of Wengers reign.

I don’t think Arsenal ever lost creativity. They were just easy to bully and probe to struggling against counter attacks.