• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

chelboy   

If it’s a back 3 then Christensen is more comfortable when defending. If we play a back 4 his weaknesses become far more exposed as he takes more responsibility in the box. Zouma recovery tackles aren’t the best thing about him, It’s how difficult it is to get the better of him in the box and I’m not talking about his size. Inside the box Zouma is a solid defender and better than Christensen and Rudiger in that department. Christensen gets caught out a lot in a back 4 and strikers find it easy to lose him.

I find the Zouma and Christensen issue a bit similar to Cahill and Luiz. Cahill is far more solid in the box and strikers find it difficult to play against him. In a back 3 Luiz is better as he takes less responsibility by having another two CB’s to help him but in a back 4 Luiz gets caught out on many poor moments and strikers enjoy playing against him. 

Faramir   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Conceded 1 goal in 6 games and to be fair to Christensen,  he hasnt done much wrong.

This!

Christensen and Jorginho are two players I'm viewing through the lens of the new 'Tuchel era', and both players have done really well so far.

Until they let their new coach down, why wouldn't he keep trusting them, in a system which plays to their strengths, and mitigates their weaknesses?

• Like 1

Diddymen   
25 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Pulisic and Thiago out. Havertz and Tammy in.

Just need to win this. 

I get the impression Thiago will be saved for the Atletico match.

Pulisic muscular problem again, such a shame that he seems to suffer so much with injury, especially as he is now currently competing with at least 4 others for 2 positions in the current formation.

Good to see Havertz back in contention, really interested to see if Tuchel can get the best out of him... I just don't know who he'd be able to replace in the current staring 11, so expect a lot of appearances from the bench between now and the end of the season.

chelboy   

I don’t think Pulisic is built for this league. The board should be looking at his injury record seriously. Too many muscle injuries in a league that requires lots of running and intensity. 

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Pulisic muscular problem again, such a shame that he seems to suffer so much with injury, especially as he is now currently competing with at least 4 others for 2 positions in the current formation.

Pulisic has played 3129* minutes in a Chelsea shirt.  Werner has played  2127 already.
Mr Mercedes reliability makes him (so far) remarkably cheap.

*whoscored - CL and PL only

Just looking at the fixtures this weekend and it is another round where we can make hay. 

Dippers v Everton

Leicester v Villa

Wet Spam v Spuds

Very important we win as after Soton we have Utd, Everton and Leeds (away.) 

I'd probably give Mount a break before Atletico and give Ziyech or Havertz a go. Havertz is one who should fit in this formation wonderfully. Should see his creative strengths really shine and means defenders shouldn't be able to bully him as much. 

Having the twin number 10s really is a nice set up. Defenders must have no idea who to mark especially with them all rotating and with Werners ability to run in behind. It then begins to make sense why CHO is always wide open.

Havertz can run in behind too and I really want to see him play on the turn now. Unlike Mount who can also play deeper, I think the final third is really where he should be. To keep the fluid front 3 I'd like Tammy in there as well providing he's fit. 

If Tammy doesn't play I wouldn't be suprised if we see Havertz play 9 in this set up with Werner very close to him.

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pulisic has played 3129* minutes in a Chelsea shirt.  Werner has played  2127 already.
Mr Mercedes reliability makes him (so far) remarkably cheap.

*whoscored - CL and PL only

Hmm, that is pretty concerning isn't it and if this is a common theme for Werner then it is certainly a huge benefit in the long run.

2 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

I'd probably give Mount a break before Atletico and give Ziyech or Havertz a go. Havertz is one who should fit in this formation wonderfully. Should see his creative strengths really shine and means defenders shouldn't be able to bully him as much. 

Having the twin number 10s really is a nice set up. Defenders must have no idea who to mark especially with them all rotating and with Werners ability to run in behind. It then begins to make sense why CHO is always wide open.

Havertz can run in behind too and I really want to see him play on the turn now. Unlike Mount who can also play deeper, I think the final third is really where he should be. To keep the fluid front 3 I'd like Tammy in there as well providing he's fit. 

If Tammy doesn't play I wouldn't be suprised if we see Havertz play 9 in this set up with Werner very close to him.

I did think about the possibility of resting Mount for this one, but personally, I'd have him out there in the hope he could then be rested for the final 30 mins or so.

I'm very interested to see how Havertz fits into this formation, you'd think as one of the 2 number 10's he would work very well but I don't see him dislodging Werner or Mount any time soon, but playing him as the number 9 could be very interesting and would allow all 3 of that front 3 to rotate through the positions very easily.