• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

Sir    1
14 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Why?

when the club acquired him he was second fiddle to Sancho. 

You are right that the second half of last season he was very hazzard esq. IMO he seem a bit of a prima-donna and wants all the attention, I really not very keen on players who continually throw there arms in the air when things go wrong “ it’s something you would expect from an academy player” that said, suspect if he plays today he’s going to score. 

Mystic Meg. 

Because he’s injured again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Kante    111
57 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

His goal record at lipzig would say the opposite.

He played off Poulsen at RB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobertoftheGiz    107
2 hours ago, King Kante said:

He played off Poulsen at RB. 

That has nothing to do with his goal record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bONes    5
7 hours ago, King Kante said:

I wouldn't class Pedro as a clinical finisher but I guess it depends on what you bar is. That said, I agree that Werner isn't currently finishing as well as Pedro could. However, my point was more that people shouldn't be looking at Werner as a CF but rather a LWF/SS/False 9. 

He was second best finished in Barca after Messi. Also clinical with us. He was a clinical finisher, period.

Agreed re: LWF, SS.

Edited by bONes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham    833
8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

IMO he seem a bit of a prima-donna and wants all the attention, I really not very keen on players who continually throw there arms in the air when things go wrong “ it’s something you would expect from an academy player”  

 

Funny because that's not my take on him at all. He seems very grounded and humble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to miss the first half, will have to listen on the radio instead... hopefully by the time I get to turn on the TV for the second half we'll be home and dry, but for some reason, I have a bad feeling about today.

Southampton have lost their last 6 and only scored 4 goals and it just feels 'classic Chelsea' to come in and give them the boost they need and we cannot afford for this to happen today. Our fixtures get tricky again after today, so we need all the points we can get, especially as some around us will drop points again...

Liverpool vs Everton
West Ham vs Spurs
Villa vs Leicester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faramir    75
2 hours ago, bONes said:

He was second best finished in Barca after Messi. Also clinical with us. He was a clinical finisher, period.

Agreed re: LWF, SS.

In his Barca career more so, but with us, even though he scored some sweet goals, and a great striker of the ball, he missed a lot of chances, and often made a poor choice in the final third.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faramir    75
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Funny because that's not my take on him at all. He seems very grounded and humble. 

Agree with this. Pulisic is cool. No ego. I chalk this down to 'another off the wall' comment by Mr. Giz.

Edited by Faramir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faramir    75
37 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Going to miss the first half, will have to listen on the radio instead... hopefully by the time I get to turn on the TV for the second half we'll be home and dry, but for some reason, I have a bad feeling about today.

Southampton have lost their last 6 and only scored 4 goals and it just feels 'classic Chelsea' to come in and give them the boost they need and we cannot afford for this to happen today. Our fixtures get tricky again after today, so we need all the points we can get, especially as some around us will drop points again...

Liverpool vs Everton
West Ham vs Spurs
Villa vs Leicester

I understand your concern. I am hoping that Tuchel proves our 'Chelsea paranoia' unfounded, and has the team fully prepared. I hope we can take the game to them, are defensively solid once more, and become a little more clinical in front of goal.

It would be awesome to be talking about a great performance and a great result three hours from now.

C'mon you Blues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison    79

Mendy, Alonso, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpilicueta, James, Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Abraham, Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Christensen, Jorginho, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi, Chilwell, Ziyech, Gilmour, Emerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.