• Current Donation Goals

GURJ SS   

For this game I'd start with: depending on Silva being fit or not.

Mendy;

Azpi, Silva/Chris, Zouma;

James, Jorge, Kova, Chilwell;

Kante, Mount;

Werner;

With the aim of Azpi, Silva, Zouma, Jorge and Kova sitting, while James, Chilwell, Kante, Mount and Werner press to win the ball. Then depending on how it's going to bring in CHO, Ziyech and Tammy. Counter attacking will be the aim of the game, but if we take control of the game then Tuchel will need to make changes early.

If we go brave it can't be half hearted, it'll need to put fear in A.Madrid, and it'll need ball players who are comfortable in possession and able to go 1v1 in key areas:

Mendy;

Azpi, Silva/Chris, Rudiger;

Jorge, Kova;

CHO, Ziyech, Mount, Pulisic/Emerson;

Werner;

Possession in the 1st and 2nd phase, and direct in the final phase. With the aim of starting to bring the shutter down to shut up shop if we score. That would mean using James, Kante and Chilwell.

13 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They lost today. That's 3 in a row without a win 

Just a shame we're Charity FC. 

Teams with bad form love playing us. 

This certainly isn't looking as daunting as when the draw was first made.

I think the margins in this tie will be based on those meta-games; the "dark arts" type of actions, game management, mind games etc. I worry that most of our players are still naive at those aspects, their youth is palpable, whereas Atletico have far more experience in their squad to play those kind of games. 

For the aforementioned reasons I feel we need Silva, Azpilicueta, Jorginho and Giroud in this game. Which I know sounds crazy, but I worry about those parts of the game more than the actual play of the game. Knowing how these Champions League games can be. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

21 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Well, this will be fun. I think we need Chilwell back in for this, need someone who can defend. CHO in on the right to give us an outlet wide right and someone who can cause their defenders some actual problems.

Mendy

Azpi - Silva - Rudiger

CHO - Kovacic - Jorginho - Chilwell

Mount - Werner

Giroud

This is the lineup I want, but wondering if Kante instead of Kovacic would be better and possibly Alonso instead of Chilwell. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

4 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This is the lineup I want, but wondering if Kante instead of Kovacic would be better and possibly Alonso instead of Chilwell. 

Depends whether you want to keep the ball or constantly give it away I suppose. 

Jorgi best hope he's partnered with Kova otherwise he's had it, could be the end of his Chelsea career. 

Ideally we need someone who has a presence in midfield, someone who looks like a stiff wind won't blow them away. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jorgi best hope he's partnered with Kova otherwise he's had it, could be the end of his Chelsea career. 

Ideally we need someone who has a presence in midfield, someone who looks like a stiff wind won't blow them away. 

Ahhhh you make me long for the days of Essien with that talk. 

Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Ahhhh you make me long for the days of Essien with that talk. 

One in a million, I'm sure they're out there just as I'm sure our lot wouldnt be able to recognise them. 

• Sad 1

chara   
51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

PRESENCE....(great word Mark in the circumstances).......all over.....that is what I miss....it's not that we have bad players...just not very very good players all over the pitch.

• Thanks 1