• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This certainly isn't looking as daunting as when the draw was first made.

It would have been far easier if the squad had  6 months of serious coaching rather than 4 weeks (OUCH) and I'll get my coat

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asvaberg   

I have a dream:

Suarez is close to score in the first minutes, gets frustrated by Zouma's excellent tackle and tries to bite him, but in some way manages to have his teeth hooked into Zouma's shirt and the ref has to help him getting the "Gordian knot" up - and the red card is obvious :) :)

Zouma later in the match scores on a world class heading :)

 

Edited by asvaberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

Suarez is close to score in the first minutes, gets frustrated by Zouma's excellent tackle and tries to bite him, but in some way manages to have his teeth hooked into Zouma's shirt and the ref has to help him getting "unwind" - and the red card is obvious :) :)

No chance.  Not even in a dream.  Suarez almost never gets red carded.  His first was for Uruguay, when a very late handball on the line and the resulting penalty save meant Uruguay not Ghana went through to the WC Semi.
There was a 90th min 2nd yellow a few years ago.  Oh and a Red as a 16 year old (which annoyed him so much he headbutted the ref afterwards!).

He is ultra sneaky, and learnt long ago that reactions get penalties but dirty striker play costs nothing.  
If you look at all the bites, all the stamping on achilles and the kicking Paul Parker in the nuts - it all came when his side needed something to happen quickly.

2nd leg, where we are ahead on away goals, and you can be sure he bites or kicks someone.  Not first leg.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No chance.  Not even in a dream.  Suarez almost never gets red carded.  His first was for Uruguay, when a very late handball on the line and the resulting penalty save meant Uruguay not Ghana went through to the WC Semi.
There was a 90th min 2nd yellow a few years ago.  Oh and a Red as a 16 year old (which annoyed him so much he headbutted the ref afterwards!).

He is ultra sneaky, and learnt long ago that reactions get penalties but dirty striker play costs nothing.  
If you look at all the bites, all the stamping on achilles and the kicking Paul Parker in the nuts - it all came when his side needed something to happen quickly.

2nd leg, where we are ahead on away goals, and you can be sure he bites or kicks someone.  Not first leg.

 

He's like Lamela, who is consistently throwing elbows but somehow always avoids cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Thiago Silva out. I presume that is why AC was left out on Saturday. 

That is a HUGE blow. Christensen, to be fair to him, has looked alright in a 3, but we really needed Silva for this one with all his experience, especially in these kinds of games.

I am extremely worried that we're just going to get bullied out of this one, I don't see anyone on our side strong enough to stand up to the game management' and roughness from Atletico. I fully expect them to go in very hard, very early on on Mount and CHO, to put them off their game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That is a HUGE blow. Christensen, to be fair to him, has looked alright in a 3, but we really needed Silva for this one with all his experience, especially in these kinds of games.

I am extremely worried that we're just going to get bullied out of this one, I don't see anyone on our side strong enough to stand up to the game management' and roughness from Atletico. I fully expect them to go in very hard, very early on on Mount and CHO, to put them off their game.

Pretty sure Mount has seen all that before in the Championship.  For CHO it will depend where he is playing.  Anything out wide (at RWB for example) will be so obvious it will be too costly to try.  If he plays as a 10 he might get bullied but then he invariably does as a 10, so AM won't be any different.  Actually I wouldn't really expect CHO to play at all unless/until we need goals H2 at the bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pretty sure Mount has seen all that before in the Championship.  For CHO it will depend where he is playing.  Anything out wide (at RWB for example) will be so obvious it will be too costly to try.  If he plays as a 10 he might get bullied but then he invariably does as a 10, so AM won't be any different.  Actually I wouldn't really expect CHO to play at all unless/until we need goals H2 at the bridge.

Would be amazed if CHO starts tomorrow. Mount, I have never seen bullied, one of my favourite things about him is he doesnt care who you are or how big and strong you ate, he will go toe to toe with you.

The problem we may have though is who starts with Mount as the other 10. Id play Kante and Mount behind Werner and just tell them to run themselves ragged, break up play and be as cynical as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No chance.  Not even in a dream.  Suarez almost never gets red carded.  His first was for Uruguay, when a very late handball on the line and the resulting penalty save meant Uruguay not Ghana went through to the WC Semi.
There was a 90th min 2nd yellow a few years ago.  Oh and a Red as a 16 year old (which annoyed him so much he headbutted the ref afterwards!).

He is ultra sneaky, and learnt long ago that reactions get penalties but dirty striker play costs nothing.  
If you look at all the bites, all the stamping on achilles and the kicking Paul Parker in the nuts - it all came when his side needed something to happen quickly.

2nd leg, where we are ahead on away goals, and you can be sure he bites or kicks someone.  Not first leg.

 

I recall it was his antics that led to Messi's first ever goal against us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now