• Current Donation Goals

Just now, Martin1905 said:

Unfortunately for him it has not quite gone to plan, arriving in a peculiar season, being coached by Frank, being played out of position, playing in a clueless team and getting Covid. 

I think everyone gets a pass for their first half performances (or their absences).  
Alonso, Rudiger, Christensen, Jorginho, Werner, Havertz, Azpi is a short list, I could probably name more.

Ham   
3 hours ago, East Lower said:

On the Mount yellow, and I’d admit I’ve looked at it only twice - it was as much ‘Dave’ as it was Mount. Could we appeal it on the grounds of mistaken identity??

BT’s in match and post match teams treated the Suarez fouling/behaviour as though ‘well it is Suarez and therefore it’s part of what he does and endears him to Simeone’. They ought to be quietly brought to task on it. I wonder if they’d treat the behaviour the same way if had happened against teams wearing red??

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

From the replays I have seen I'm not even sure Mount touched him! 

I'm surprised that the broadcasters didn't show better replays of that. After all, it was a massive, massive decision by the ref only 3 mins into the game and I'm not sure it warrented a yellow at all. 

I was about to reply to EL but then saw your comment. There was no contact whatsoever. Bizarre yellow and ridiculous that you can't appeal a genuinely wrong decision which results in a suspension. 

The jokey way BT dealt with Suarez was outrageous. It wasn't just the pinch or the constant rolling on the ground. There was the earlier incident where he back heeled Azpi in the shin and then threw himself to the ground, from a standing position. 

How the ref bought it and gave the free kick I'll never know. 

Edited by Ham

kratos   
15 minutes ago, Ham said:

I was about to reply to EL but then saw your comment. There was no contact whatsoever. Bizarre yellow and ridiculous that you can't appeal a genuinely wrong decision which results in a suspension. 

The jokey way BT dealt with Suarez was outrageous. It wasn't just the pinch or the constant rolling on the ground. There was the earlier incident where he back heeled Azpi in the shin and then threw himself to the ground, from a standing position. 

How the ref bought it and gave the free kick I'll never know. 

Bt is the breeding ground for all ex liverpool. They swoon for that rabid bugs bunny.

Edited by kratos

Holymoly   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The Mount booking was scandalous BTW.

I was a huge fan of the VAR in the game that did the job it was supposed to do, unlike in England, but I wish they had a remit to reallocate the yellow card to Cesar.

Holymoly   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Atletico remind me of scummy teams I used to play against on a Sunday morning. They boot you about and get all upset and hard done by when the ref gives a foul, then when you go near them, they demand free kicks

If you notice in the Suarez/Rudiger incident Chewy was stepping in and then pulling his head back as if to tempt Rudiger to lay the nut on him. He really is a despicable little specimen.

Holymoly   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is much more than one trick.  Fantastic vision and passing at all ranges.  I agree he fades out of games, but he really is quite a player.  I think the main issue is that he needs to be picked regularly for players to confidently make the runs that only he will see and only he can pass accurately enough to.

I think a CL game is the ideal environment for Ziyech. In a way there is less pressure on him than in League games. I'd really like him to succeed and I hope that he isn't one of these "not on a wet night up north" kind of players.

Holymoly   
3 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

If TT has learned anything this week it should be that Jorg and Thiago are our most important players in this system.

Jorginho is a conundrum (that Droy consistantly tries to gloss over). Yes he is always in the correct position however his passing is not progressive. More often than not he slows down the transition by passing sideways or backwards. There is a time and a place for this but I feel he always seems to take the soft option. He is a bit like the guy in the company that back in the day would buy IBM pcs because although they were never cutting edge, no-one would ever get sacked for buying IBM. Kante gets criticised by some here for being all over the place on the pitch however I would argue that he affords more opportunities in doing so. Also, N'Golo has a better than fair chance of getting the ball back if he does misplace a pass. Jorginho flatters to deceive, he can't be criticised because he rarely does anything wrong, it's just that he doesn't really create much either based on the number of touches he has. Andrea Pirlo he is not.

Holymoly   
47 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Rooneys overhead shin kick as I have always called it.

It looked amazing but, and its a big but, he miss kicked it. Amazing technique and execution but he completely miss kicked it so to me it was rubbish.

Eidur's was the best I've ever seen.

Holymoly   
45 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Unfortunately for him it has not quite gone to plan, arriving in a peculiar season  and getting Covid.

I think this will have been a huge factor. I know people who contracted it a year ago and are still feeling the effects. Add to that the kid is young in a foreign country, living on his own with no physical contact with his family. I think he would be one of the few players in the squad who could realistically play the "mental health" card.