• Current Donation Goals

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So my point is just that a release fee or end of contract doesn't mean we end up paying less than other clubs might be willing to pay, he won't be cheap.
ROTG I guess is picking up on the issues with Raiola as his agent, and the club not wanting to deal with him.

Yes, we would perhaps end up paying the same amount (probably a little less because the power of an agent is not comparable to the power of an institution like a football club). I do not believe it is for Chelsea to take the moral high ground with regard to agents and agent fees. This is a problem that needs to be addressed at a higher level. Chelsea should play the game as it is today.

At the end of the day, Raiola is simply transferring power away from the institution to the laborer. It is almost admirable if you look past the fact that he will get paid obscene amounts of money for adding very little value. The question is when, not if, the clubs and UEFA/FIFA get together to stop this from escalating further. It is a big big problem because money is suddenly flowing outside the football system to a small amount of people (agents) who do not contribute or add much value to the game itself. If Dortmund get the money they can spend that on talent development etc, which in turn will increase the value of the game. Agents do a job, and should get paid for that job, but they should never be in a position where they start taking significant amount of money from the game itself. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

ROTG I guess is picking up on the issues with Raiola as his agent, and the club not wanting to deal with him.

Correcto,

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

gents do a job, and should get paid for that job, but they should never be in a position where they start taking significant amount of money from the game itself. 

I guess you have not read Raiola's CV.