• Current Donation Goals

bert19   
12 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I recall it was his antics that led to Messi's first ever goal against us. 

I thought that was Christensen playing a really bad ball out through the middle that got intercepted and then dispatched by Messi? Horror moment as we’d been fantastic up until that point and lost the tie in about 5 seconds. 

I don’t know why, but I can see a situation of them going 1-0 up and Suarez doing something that leads to one of ours being sent off tonight. Atletico are masters of the ‘dark arts’ and game management on slender leads and we’re incredibly poor at doing it ourselves and often fall victim to the oppo just doing the basics well. 
They’ll target all of our players on yellows too. 

I feel like maybe our best chance is to try to start at 100mph, really high tempo and go for an early goal or two, then tightening up if it happens or not. If it does, great - we stay compact and look to hit on quick breaks, if we haven’t, we compact so we don’t get caught out chasing the goal. 
We need an away goal (or two). They’ll be horrible tonight and even worse to play when they’re away from home.

I worry that if we don’t start strong and get a lead, we could just end up gradually being worn down and leave with a loss and no away goal to our name. If that happens and Atleti know that any away goal at SB leaves us needing 3, we’re done before the second leg. Problem is that we never start well..

I’m not expecting us to win this tie at all, but I do think even a loss could be used as a motivator for this side if we go out and show some maturity and determination that shows we want to be at the top table going forward. I’m just not sure if we’re actually that team, or if these players are willing to show that level of grit.

Jasonb   

I can see Tammy tripping over his legs and getting us a penalty.

From there either a 1-0 or 1--1 and back to the bridge.

Chrisb   
12 hours ago, chara said:

Can anyone see Havertz?

(I do believe there is a top player in there but..)

Is this like “Where’s Waldo?” A picture with hundreds of footballers playing a game and you have to spot Havertz, he’d be easy to find as he’d probably be the one sitting on his a**e on the sidelines looking bemused.

Have a nasty feeling that we may be down to 10 men early on in this game.

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I can see Tammy tripping over his legs and getting us a penalty.

From there either a 1-0 or 1--1 and back to the bridge.

Sometimes, when I watch Tammy, I am strangely reminded of a young deer. I think its the gangly legs.

bert19   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Wouldn't be shocked if we saw Jorginho, Kova and Kante for this one. 3-5-2

Definitely wouldn't help our creating and goalscoring problem if we did.  I'd almost prefer 4-3-3 if we're going to deploy all three.  Gives us an extra attacker and lets the full-backs push on 

Let’s hope TT doesn’t sub a sub again. It non stop on the Southampton thread 

Ham   
3 hours ago, Chrisb said:

Is this like “Where’s Waldo?” A picture with hundreds of footballers playing a game and you have to spot Havertz, he’d be easy to find as he’d probably be the one sitting on his a**e on the sidelines looking bemused.

Have a nasty feeling that we may be down to 10 men early on in this game.

CHO didn't appear in one single training photo nor has he personally posted anything since being told off.

I sincerely hope he's not sulking because he certainly hasn't reached the required standard yet in terms of end product to be precious.

I want to see goals and assists from him, not just nice moments.

chelboy   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Wouldn't be shocked if we saw Jorginho, Kova and Kante for this one. 3-5-2

I would feel very sorry for the front 2 if that’s the formation and midfield. 

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

CHO didn't appear in one single training photo nor has he personally posted anything since being told off.

Smart moves by Club PR and CHO/family I'd have thought.