• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It isn't so much that Alonso has done anything wrong, I just don't see that he's done anything to take Chilwell's place as easily as he has (I appreciate the formation has changed). I'm a fan of Alonso at LWB, but dropping Chilwell almost completely feels extremely harsh IMO.

I would entirely agree over the season.  It seems TT though is starting from somewhere else.  CHO has been picked on reputation not first half performances.  Mount was dropped initially.    Kepa given a chance.  and since then it seems that form when picked and in training is the deciding factor. 
Purely since TT  has arrived, Chilwell hasn't looked good whereas Alonso had a big reputation once, and has looked more than OK recently.  And Alonso knows the role inside out.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simeone pointing to our 3 keepers as evidence of how good the squad is ... 

Also just read that Suarez hasn't scored in the CL this season. Wish I hadn't. 

Edited by thevelourfog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Simeone pointing to our 3 keepers as evidence of how good the squad is ... 

He has made the point a few times I think - and the squad is amazing in depth.  

haven't followed it closely, but do they have a few injuries and a weakened team?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
5 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

He’s had a couple of bad games recently but nothing major . As we have different opinions on both players the stats for Alonso are quite poor 7% accuracy at his crossing 

I think one of the issues is that BC hasn't yet delivered crosses for us of the quality as the ones we saw for Leicester. He rushed a couple of good chances to score too.

I personally want to see him replace Alonso asap and be undroppable but I totally get why TT has gone with experienced and reliable.

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It isn't so much that Alonso has done anything wrong, I just don't see that he's done anything to take Chilwell's place as easily as he has (I appreciate the formation has changed). I'm a fan of Alonso at LWB, but dropping Chilwell almost completely feels extremely harsh IMO.

 

You make some fair points, but I'm not sure he has been given enough chances to adapt to this new role and I guess that is down to the short-termism of the club, but that's a whole different issue.

Chilwell had some questionable games, I'm not going to dispute that, but I personally think he is a better player than Alonso should be our number 1 LB/LWB sooner rather than later. He's better defensively, he's quicker than Alonso and his delivery is much better. Alonso has him on finishing and positional sense in the final 3rd, but nothing else in my opinion and I know what assets I'd rather have in my fullback/wingback.

Maybe Tuchel is doing a lot of work with him on the training ground to help him to adapt to the new position and style and we'll see him slowly integrated back into the team, but it doesn't seem to be the case, which I do think is a concern.

As I've said above, I'm not sure he's shown this since joining. 

Very happy to be proven wrong though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

 

Also just read that Suarez hasn't scored in the CL this season. Wish I hadn't. 

God I hate Chewy Luis. I really do. 

The only positive is that the likes of him can't get away with their old nonsense with VAR..... Possibly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think one of the issues is that BC hasn't yet delivered crosses for us of the quality as the ones we saw for Leicester. He rushed a couple of good chances to score too.

I personally want to see him replace Alonso asap and be undroppable but I totally get why TT has gone with experienced and reliable.

As I've said above, I'm not sure he's shown this since joining. 

Very happy to be proven wrong though. 

He’s got 4 assists and 2 goals in 18 premiership games which is not that bad and crossing accuracy’ at 20% 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ham said:

God I hate Chewy Luis. I really do. 

The only positive is that the likes of him can't get away with their old nonsense with VAR..... Possibly. 

 

He's very good at hiding it though , expect an innocuous tackle being made to look like a spine shatterer accompanied by barrell rolls and childlike screams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like a hot knife through butter . God help us .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.