• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Whoever claims Kanté is the better passer of the ball must be joking. What a player Maka was. Technique, positioning, defensive ability and ability to get us on the counter quick. He was the complete package for a defensive mid. Only thing he really lacked was a mean shot. 

Other than that, he had it all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Whoever claims Kanté is the better passer of the ball must be joking.

I really wonder which forum you are reading.

On 26/02/2021 at 11:22 AM, Droy was my hero said:

didn't see any decent passes.  A few dribbles out tight situations - very Kovacic like, followed by Kova like passes.

He was a great player, a useful man to play pinball with, but lets not pretend he did much more than shuffle to ball to someone else to play with. 

Lol. 

Maka was a far, FAR greater passer of the ball than your ageing memory tells you. You are dead wrong. Maka was an excellent passer of the ball and above all, he picked the right pass to make. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I really wonder which forum you are reading.

some have claimed that

23 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Lol. 

Maka was a far, FAR greater passer of the ball than your ageing memory tells you. You are dead wrong. Maka was an excellent passer of the ball and above all, he picked the right pass to make. 

This.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Lol. 

If that is evidence I said Kante is a better passer than Maka, then I suggest you dig out the bit where someone uses the word kante.

And enough with the "ageing" young whipper snapper.

Maka the new Fabregas now I see,  And you have the nerve to criticise my memory.  
He was very very good at shifting it to someone who could use it better.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If that is evidence I said Kante is a better passer than Maka, then I suggest you dig out the bit where someone uses the word kante.

And enough with the "ageing" young whipper snapper.

Maka the new Fabregas now I see,  And you have the nerve to criticise my memory.  
He was very very good at shifting it to someone who could use it better.

Did I say you had said that? Which forum are you reading? 

Also, where did I call Maka the new Fabregas? You aren't making much sense these days. Maybe fewer posts and more substance is a way forward? 

didn't this debate start because some think Kante was technically a better footballer? Not sure anyone specifically mentioned passing.

I am pretty sure if you looked for a compilation of Kantes best bits it would be just as impressive.

I think some are forgetting just how good he was at his best.

Completely different players mind you, not sure why they are even spoken about in the same discussion. Make could never do what Kante does and vice versa.