• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

Rob B   

Two left backs on the bench over our top scorer is a real head scratcher.  For some reason, Tuchel doesn’t appear to rate Tammy Abraham 

I think Kante will be told to sit on Fernandes, much better option to do this than Jorghino.

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I think Kante will be told to sit on Fernandes, much better option to do this than Jorghino.

If Kante sits on Fernandas it'll mean taking away his ability to press and ball win which is his main strenghts, if Kante is to play his natural game then Fernandas will find all sorts of space in behind him. I think all 3 of Jorge, Kova and Kante would have been good to see for this one.

Possession will be key for us, at least 65%, anything less and we could struggle until Werner gets on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Two left backs on the bench over our top scorer is a real head scratcher.  For some reason, Tuchel doesn’t appear to rate Tammy Abraham 

I can think of a few reasons, unfortunately.

Tammy is just not quite good enough for this level in my opinion, his decision making isn’t great, he isn’t strong enough and his touch often lets him down.

Tuchel has given him a few chances, but he’s never really taken advantage of them, he hasn’t had a real stand out game for quite a while now, which for a striker, is not a good thing at all.

• Like 1

Rob B   
10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I can think of a few reasons, unfortunately.

Tammy is just not quite good enough for this level in my opinion, his decision making isn’t great, he isn’t strong enough and his touch often lets him down.

Tuchel has given him a few chances, but he’s never really taken advantage of them, he hasn’t had a real stand out game for quite a while now, which for a striker, is not a good thing at all.

His touch is miles better than Werner’s who has been truly terrible for us overall though?  And with the exception of Mount, none of our front 3 have had a stand out game in ages.  

Whether he is good enough to lead the line for us over the next decade is a valid debate. Whether he can mix it TODAY with Werner and Giroud is not up for debate IMO.  And to not have him on the bench is just mental.  What happens if Giroud picks up a knock in the first few minutes? 

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

His touch is miles better than Werner’s who has been truly terrible for us overall though?  And with the exception of Mount, none of our front 3 have had a stand out game in ages.  

Whether he is good enough to lead the line for us over the next decade is a valid debate. Whether he can mix it TODAY with Werner and Giroud is not up for debate IMO.  And to not have him on the bench is just mental.  What happens if Giroud picks up a knock in the first few minutes? 

He’s not on the bench as his ankle still isn’t 100%, so seems a pretty decent reason.

GURJ SS   

Started strong, maybe a loud shout from Chilwell would have seen him through.