• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

chelboy    151

Remains to be seen if this team can play balanced football of attacking well and defending well. It just seems to be one or the other. Can’t do both at the same time. I would like to see us switch to a back 4 and get James and Chilwell back in full back positions giving us something from the wide areas. That’s probably our best source of attack. The best chances created came from wide play. 

thevelourfog    223
19 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

I didn't think we were at all bad! The levels of skill on display were very high and both sides looked well drilled. 

We certainly need to be more incisive in attack, but I think there's a lot to be admired in today's performance.

Yes, I don't think it was a dreadful performance at all. A dreadful watch, sure. But they aren't the same thing.

I do think we purposefully play very low risk football. It isn't simply the standard of the attacking players. It is that we are not really dedicating our energies to attacking. 

kratos    63
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Remains to be seen if this team can play balanced football of attacking well and defending well. It just seems to be one or the other. Can’t do both at the same time. I would like to see us switch to a back 4 and get James and Chilwell back in full back positions giving us something from the wide areas. That’s probably our best source of attack. The best chances created came from wide play. 

Problem with that is Rudiger, Christiansen and Dave would all go to pieces in a flat back 4.

But I agree with you about chilwell and James.

Rob B    98
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He’s not on the bench as his ankle still isn’t 100%, so seems a pretty decent reason.

Not according to Tuchel after the game.  Purely selection 

Can someone wake me up when it ends...

That was dull, but it has been under Tuchel to be fair. I understand the need for him to have made us stronger at the back, but he needs to find some balance to allow to actually create proper chances.

Just now, Rob B said:

Not according to Tuchel after the game.  Purely selection 

Interesting, I heard it was an injury, but guess not.

I do agree that him not even making the bench is a strange one, but I still don’t think he’s good enough for this level unfortunately.

kratos    63
4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Can someone wake me up when it ends...

That was dull, but it has been under Tuchel to be fair. I understand the need for him to have made us stronger at the back, but he needs to find some balance to allow to actually create proper chances.

Had the same thought as you blue, it's times like these where I envy bears who get hibernate and not watch their club bore them to the point of suicide.

• Like 1

Blue Rod    107

Maybe we should play Rudiger and Mount as our attacking pair. They had the right approach and the drive

Blue Rod    107
15 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The squad is now more than capable of beating anything OSG puts out. 

Agree

We can always sign better players. But the squad we have is superior to Man Utd.