• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

A lot of moaning on here today. I’m happy to rejoice in the fact that TT has already made us impossible to beat. Goals will follow soon.

Rob B   

Has to be something in the fact that we used to play inverted wingers who would drive into the box on their stronger foot, and look to play 1-2’s around the penalty area, whereas now we play with players on their natural side (eg Alonso, Chilwell and James) but are not comfortable taking people on? 

Compare Hazard or Pulisic getting the ball on the wide left and just driving towards the opposition goal to Alonso or Chilwell taking a touch and passing back to Kovacic or Rudiger 😫

Leo91   

The last 15 or so minutes were better. If we can start like that next time round please. 

And I'm dumbfounded to see how people who have seen the image of Greenwoods arm pushing Odoi's hand onto the ball still think it's a penalty. 

Edited by Leo91
  • Like 1

Anyone see OGS post match interview ?

Comedy gold .

Has the temerity to complain we as a club were trying to influence the referee by running an article about the reverse fixture where Slabhead drags Azpi to the ground in the area .

He then goes on to blame Frank Lampard for hilighting just how many penalties they'd been given .

A Manchester United manager complaining the opposition are trying to influence the ref 

Oh the irony.

Ham   
12 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

The last 15 or so minutes were better. If we can start like that next time round please. 

And I'm dumbfounded to see how people who have seen the image of Greenwoods arm pushing Odoi's hand onto the ball still think it's a penalty. 

100%

Everyone ignoring the unusual arm movement of Greenwood. 

20210228_203136.jpg

kratos   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Anyone see OGS post match interview ?

Comedy gold .

Has the temerity to complain we as a club were trying to influence the referee by running an article about the reverse fixture where Slabhead drags Azpi to the ground in the area .

He then goes on to blame Frank Lampard for hilighting just how many penalties they'd been given .

A Manchester United manager complaining the opposition are trying to influence the ref 

Oh the irony.

A certain scotsman would be proud.

49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm keen to know just what Ziyech is doing that fills you with confidence ?

Other than the usual "everyone else is complaining about him" contraryanism ?

Watch the first 10 mins again - loads of close passing in their half which looked very good - with Ziyech leading that play.
I wrote my h/t post without seeing anyone else's posts.  He looked really quite good H1.

49 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Said it before, other than formation this is absolutely nothing like a Conte team.

Really peculiar that anyone is suggesting it.

Far more Sarri than Conte.

I meant like Conte in the attempt to convert performances where we are no more than half a goal better into wins consistently.  That is pretty much what we are attempting under TT, whereas for much of last season and the start of this season the target was to score 3+ and keep them down to 2.

I agree formation reveals little about style of play.  And that we are still passing around the back Sarri style (though much of that, as under SFL, is the inability of certain players to do it well, to reach take-off speed and move the ball forward).

But when opponents don't press us (don't know why - pressing us always gets results) we try to play the 5 attacking players style that Conte had.
Steve Holland talks about it here - v interesting (sorry I can't remember who put it up first).

30 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

100%

Yes - and thanks for the piccie Ham.
I've only got SD on Sky and don't watch the h/t, post match commentary, so it really wasn't clear from the TV I saw whether Greenwood really did that, or I just imagined it for the obvious reasons.

Gotta admit - that was amazingly sneaky by Greenwood to judge that so well.  With his eyes closed too.

Edited by Droy was my hero

bONes   

Who cares if it was Odoi or Greenwood who had a touch (it was Greenwood) either way it shouldn't be a pen, ball so far a way from it being a dangerous opportunity 

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

100%

20210228_203136.jpg

Right, I am not trying to be argumentative as this is the first time I have seen this image but could it not be that CHO touched the ball with his hand before Greenwood 'pushed' his hand into the ball? Very difficult to tell from a still image as I bet there are pictures going around that show CHO's hand touching the ball first. Also you then have to be completely sure that Greenwood did it intentionally. If it was accidental then surely it holds no weight?

Secondly CHO's hand is in an unnatural position, although not completely sure on the rules anymore, have kind of given up on it, especially when they change things mid seasons, makes a mockery of everything, sothat must come into it.

I have watched the replay countless times and still unsure what happened. Personally looking at the replay I think it was 100% a penalty, in todays game of football BUT no way in a million years VAR can overturn it as a clear and obvious error.

If it was the other way round I think most of us would be fuming if it was not given.

Ham   
4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Right, I am not trying to be argumentative as this is the first time I have seen this image but could it not be that CHO touched the ball with his hand before Greenwood 'pushed' his hand into the ball? Very difficult to tell from a still image as I bet there are pictures going around that show CHO's hand touching the ball first. Also you then have to be completely sure that Greenwood did it intentionally. If it was accidental then surely it holds no weight?

Secondly CHO's hand is in an unnatural position, although not completely sure on the rules anymore, have kind of given up on it, especially when they change things mid seasons, makes a mockery of everything, sothat must come into it.

I have watched the replay countless times and still unsure what happened. Personally looking at the replay I think it was 100% a penalty, in todays game of football BUT no way in a million years VAR can overturn it as a clear and obvious error.

If it was the other way round I think most of us would be fuming if it was not given.

No. I'm saying that MG pushes CHO's arm up into the ball. Therefore, under current rules, no penalty. Nothing else matters.