• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

No. I'm saying that MG pushes CHO's arm up into the ball. Therefore, under current rules, no penalty. Nothing else matters.

Ok. 

Thats not how I see it and as I say I have watched it countless times. To me it is without a doubt hand ball, but not a penalty as it was not a clear and obvious error from the referee.

Out of curiosity, is there a rule that states if a player intentionally, or not,  pushes an opponent's hand into the ball it is not hand ball?

Ham   
8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Ok. 

Thats not how I see it and as I say I have watched it countless times. To me it is without a doubt hand ball, but not a penalty as it was not a clear and obvious error from the referee.

Out of curiosity, is there a rule that states if a player intentionally, or not,  pushes an opponent's hand into the ball it is not hand ball?

The rule states 'unnatural position' but that would have to have been by choice. You can't lift a player's hand to the ball. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

The rule states 'unnatural position' but that would have to have been by choice. You can't lift a player's hand to the ball. 

Ok, well his arm is clearly in an unnatural position before any contact with Greenwood,  maybe that makes a difference?

As I say I do not know the ins and outs of the rules so very difficult to make a definite opinion.

For me it should have been a penalty but the ref did not give it and it is quite clearly not a clear and obvious mistake so the right decision was made.

Jasonb   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Could do with the likes of pulisic, Mount, ziyech, CHO running into the box with the ball at their feet. Defenders would be scared to death to touch them. 

Mount had one decent chance today notable in fact as he ran towards the goal and I thought he would find Giroud who for me should have moved towards Mount rather than just wait on the far post. The defenders closed off the route to Giroud and the chance went wasted as Mount could not finish. A very break though.

I'm not a fan of Ziyech yet thought today he worked hard and was our only player to make De Gea work with a shot. I am a little disappointed with his shooting for a chap that has a very accurate cross it seems strange he cannot hit a shot better. He is not alone in this currently with Werner, Kovacic and Pulisic for company.

On another point I'm fast losing my like for short corners, we really seem to make a mess of them.

Edited by Jasonb

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Anyone see OGS post match interview ?

Comedy gold .

Has the temerity to complain we as a club were trying to influence the referee by running an article about the reverse fixture where Slabhead drags Azpi to the ground in the area .

He then goes on to blame Frank Lampard for hilighting just how many penalties they'd been given .

A Manchester United manager complaining the opposition are trying to influence the ref 

Oh the irony.

OMG I’ve just watched it 😳 Cannot believe what I was hearing. Obviously touched a nerve.

Well I’ve gone right off him now, if I was ever on him.  Thought he was too ‘nice’ for b******* like that. Unbelievable Jeff 🙄

Ham   
11 minutes ago, JaneB said:

OMG I’ve just watched it 😳 Cannot believe what I was hearing. Obviously touched a nerve.

Well I’ve gone right off him now, if I was ever on him.  Thought he was too ‘nice’ for b******* like that. Unbelievable Jeff 🙄

Chelsea admin being very naughty at Ole's expense 😂

Ruudboy   

The baby-faced assassin no more - the unacceptable wrinkly face of Manure (if there was ever an acceptable one). 

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

Chelsea admin being very naughty at Ole's expense 😂

You meant this?
Not sure how that photo could have been taken at the same time as the video I saw or Hams picture from earlier.
Could it be photo-shopped?

image.thumb.png.31d6fb97c4711bd9e01157a814e85187.png

Edit - I see the Irish Mirror has the same picture.
Along side a very dodgy subheadline - A VARginal call.

So much for sub-eds.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Surprised there’s been so much fuss made about the “handball”. Looked very unlikely to me even with multiple close-ups, angles, speeds. What surprised me was how quickly the ref made the call on viewing a replay and dismissed it. Common sense doesn’t always prevail and credit to the ref for sticking to his original decision. 

6 hours ago, Ham said:

They'll locate their mojo during the week, mark my words. 

If that is the case then it will cement the idea of TT being a poor mans King of the Dippers, which is very poor for a club with the stature of Chelsea.