• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

bert19   
30 minutes ago, JaneB said:

“Never in the field of football was so much said by so many about a *penalty* that for once wasn’t given to Man Utd” (with apologies to WC).

Jeez 🙄 Liverpool and Man U are the great untouchables.

Just suck it up Ole and get on with the next match 😡

I was saying to a friend of mine yesterday that I think United have literally had so many favourable decisions from Refs over say, the last 25 years (it's literally that long) that when something doesn't explicitly go for them, not even actively against them, they genuinely feel like they're hard done by purely because they never experience it. 

It's almost similar in response to a teenager that never hears "No" suddenly throwing a massive strop and adopting a ridiculous victim complex when someone has the temerity to refuse them something trivial.  The rest of us just roll our eyes at it. 

If Solskjaer had even an ounce of self-reflection, he'd have kept his mouth firmly shut about any penalty/non-penalty yesterday.  The amount his captain, Maguire has got away with under VAR against us alone puts any one decision firmly into the shade, but instead he's actually shocked they didn't get one going for them, he feels the need to spout off about it.  Sums it up really. 

He enjoyed the benefits of referee intimidation as a Man Utd player, he's enjoyed that legacy as manager, so he thinks it's normal that they get what they want. 

Edited by bert19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bert19 said:

I was saying to a friend of mine yesterday that I think United have literally had so many favourable decisions from Refs over say, the last 25 years (it's literally that long) that when something doesn't explicitly go for them, not even actively against them, they genuinely feel like they're hard done by purely because they never experience it. 

It's almost similar in response to a teenager that never hears "No" suddenly throwing a massive strop and adopting a ridiculous victim complex when someone has the temerity to refuse them something trivial.  The rest of us just roll our eyes at it. 

If Solskjaer had even an ounce of self-reflection, he'd have kept his mouth firmly shut about any penalty/non-penalty yesterday.  The amount his captain, Maguire has got away with under VAR against us alone puts any one decision firmly into the shade, but instead he's actually shocked they didn't get one going for them, he feels the need to spout off about it.  Sums it up really. 

He enjoyed the benefits of referee intimidation as a Man Utd player, he's enjoyed that legacy as manager, so he thinks it's normal that they get what they want. 

He had a hissy fit about our website highlighting that before the game. Clearly that's cheating, but what Maguire gets away with is perfectly fine.

8 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Mendy should just have caught the free kick.

He is doing alright, but he doesn't seem to catch anything.  Ever.  
3 players haven't stepped up a gear, though I would agree they were all doing well under SFL.  Chilwell, Silva and Mendy.

Diddymen   
13 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Mendy should just have caught the free kick.

that was quite the shot from Rashford to catch

Diddymen   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He is doing alright, but he doesn't seem to catch anything.  Ever.  
3 players haven't stepped up a gear, though I would agree they were all doing well under SFL.  Chilwell, Silva and Mendy.

Silva has only played under TT for two games. I thought he was doing well. And was having a great game against the Spuds before he was injured. I think we've lacked his range of passing. Yes Christensen has done well, but we lack that with him.

I agree with Chilwell, but I don't think he's played much as a WB. Saying that, I thought he played well in the second half. 

Mendy is solid - nothing more nothing less

Edited by Diddymen

Just now, Diddymen said:

Silva has only played under TT for two games. I thought he was doing well. And was having a great game against the Spuds before he was injured. I think we've lacked his range of passing. Yes Christensen has done well, but we lack that with him.

I'm not really complaining about those three - they were the only ones already meeting my expectations.  + maybe Mount.

Rubbish match, and how the Gremlin Faced Assassin can whinge about no penalty being awarded is a bit rich,   they get enough dodgy penalties as it is.  I would have loved that to happen to Ferguson, who would have really had a right strop!  And a memo to Sky, please no more Roy Keane as a pundit, he's nothing more than an attention seeker, and yesterday looked as though he rolled out of a trash can.  And a crap manager to boot.

chara   
10 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wonder what the next generation of football fans will be like and think about the game? Imagine being a kid and growing up on this current game of football, where everything is over analysed and every decision is reviewed numerous times, slowed down, zoomed in and judged within a millimetre of movement. I can’t believe you’d grow up with the same love of the game as we did.

Part of the fun was that you were essentially watching professional athletes play the game you’d play in the playground or the park and you could try and emulate them and feel you were playing the same game. It just isn’t the same game anymore and seems to get worse every season.

I used to think Andy Gray and his interactive screen was over the top, now look where we are. 

Echoed some thoughts of mine...watched a bit of the Brighton game and the Aston Villa game this weekend...missed out on the Manure game although had it recorded..result and comments here had me watching highlights only...I digress....so many games I watch are basically the same game...same tactics same dives same officiating etc etc...with rare exceptions very few "on your feet" moments. I read somewhere..Leeds described as "The Leeds Entertainers"!.....if that is the standard I truly fear for the game......I of course am from the Leeds are #1 on the loathed list generation although even the Dirty Leeds side had some great players and could play some great football..which of course made them worthy of our sneers and curses.

Citeh I like to watch as they can and do provide some entertainment but when off song they can look a bit samey.

The Chelsea input to the problem?.....yep it's there but at least we can see an improvement in some areas and we are aware that TT is looking at everyone and assessing for next season.....I don't go along with the "temporary" status of his appointment....

Indeed..."It isn't the same game anymore " and "I can't believe you'd grow up WITH THE SAME LOVE OF THE GAME AS WE DID"

Progress and change is good but somehow the game looks..imho...to be heading down a blind alley.

2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

that was quite the shot from Rashford to catch

Pah - straight at him.