• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

Rob B   
2 hours ago, bert19 said:

I'd also like to see CHO, Reece, Alonso & Chilwell showing real willingness to test goalkeepers much more often than they do.  Cut in and shoot, shoot first time across the goalie when that overlap is played in etc.  

Agree with everything you said in this post, but quoting this bit because I saw a post from the official CFC Instagram page earlier with highlights from the Liverpool game last season where we beat them from two shots outside the box (Willian and Barkley).  It reminded me how infrequently we shoot from distance and constantly try to walk the ball in the net. How many have we scored from outside the box this season I wonder?

Harry Kane is the master of getting shots off early before the defenders and goalie have settled themselves. 

bert19   
4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Agree with everything you said in this post, but quoting this bit because I saw a post from the official CFC Instagram page earlier with highlights from the Liverpool game last season where we beat them from two shots outside the box (Willian and Barkley).  It reminded me how infrequently we shoot from distance and constantly try to walk the ball in the net. How many have we scored from outside the box this season I wonder?

Harry Kane is the master of getting shots off early before the defenders and goalie have settled themselves. 

I don’t think we’re even trying to walk the ball into the net at the moment to be honest. What we’ve been doing is barely that bold in approach. 

Everything we’re doing going forward needs urgent improvement, I’ve been worried about it for weeks and been talked down or dismissed. My biggest concern is that we’ve barely registered shots on target against a series of poor sides, so without a much bolder, more proactive approach, I’m really struggling to see how we’re going to score in the games we have coming up. 
I hope to be proved wrong, with immediate effect - but I think we’re in for a bad night tomorrow. We’re just not doing enough going forward. 

• Like 1