• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

There going to sit back and hit us on the break . Either kante or kovavic must not go on the runaround. Hopefully 🙏 the ref is not tricked into there play acting today . I think we will win it from the bench 2-1 with them getting a penalty 

Edited by Aussie1979

GURJ SS   

Chilwell and Kante(will need to be far more disciplined) make sense because of Utd relying on blistering pace on the counter. What doesn't make sense is we've taken out pace out of the attack by playing Ziyech and Giroud; I think we'd have been better off with playing Werner and Tammy instead of Ziyech and Giroud for this one, unless Tuchel is planning on keeping the ball away from Man Utd just like against Athletico. My only concern is that if Man Utd take control or it becomes an open game, we won't have enough counter attacking pace to hurt Man Utd.

Personally I'd have played Jorge, Kova, Kante, through the middle with Mount and Werner up top.

Edited by GURJ SS

3 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

United with their full diving squad out today, Bruno ,Rashford,James and greenwood

It’s fine, we have VAR now and they make sure all decisions are correct... 🙄

1 minute ago, GURJ SS said:

Chilwell and Kante make sense because of Utd relying on blistering pace on the counter. What doesn't make sense is we've our pace out of the attack by playing Ziyech and Giroud; I think we'd have been better off with playing Werner and Tammy instead of Ziyech and Giroud for this one, unless Tuchel is planning on keeping the ball away from Man Utd just like against Athletico. My only concern is that if Man Utd take control or it becomes an open game, we won't have enough counter attacking pace to hurt Man Utd.

I’d be surprised to see Tammy start many more games this season, I’m not sure Tuchel trusts him enough. 

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’d be surprised to see Tammy start many more games this season, I’m not sure Tuchel trusts him enough. 

Yeah I edited to say I'd go with Jorge, Kova and Kante with Mount and Werner up top after re-reading it. I think Tammy has quality but his game management lets him down, he holds the ball when he needs to release and releases it when he needs to hold it; those small mistakes mount up to one/two very large ones in the course of 90mins, and the team gets caught out on the break or fails to score because of what seems like small mistakes.

Not sure if there is a problem. 

We are playing Manure with an experienced coach at the helm and a squad more than capable of of beaten them. 

If TT loses to OGS then questions need to be asked. 

Commentators on the wireless getting all worked up before a ball is kicked. Thankful Clinton Morison is co-commentator on the spuds match.   

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Rotation to be expected. Pleased to see Chilwell back. Whilst Alonso has been solid he does have his limitations. 

Personally I would have had Jorginho over Kova. Perhaps with Ziyech in TT feels he can carry the creative responsibility. Also not sure if the front 3 is the right blend with no clear player who will make runs in behind. Werner will be dangerous off the bench. 

No Tammy at all, I wonder if he's still carrying a knock on his ankle. 

Bison   
9 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Chilwell and Kante(will need to be far more disciplined) make sense because of Utd relying on blistering pace on the counter. What doesn't make sense is we've taken out pace out of the attack by playing Ziyech and Giroud; I think we'd have been better off with playing Werner and Tammy instead of Ziyech and Giroud for this one, unless Tuchel is planning on keeping the ball away from Man Utd just like against Athletico. My only concern is that if Man Utd take control or it becomes an open game, we won't have enough counter attacking pace to hurt Man Utd.

Personally I'd have played Jorge, Kova, Kante, through the middle with Mount and Werner up top.

Werner and Tammy up top means an awful lot of turnovers and more opportunities for Man Utd to counter. They simply do not keep possession well enough due to bad first touches and lack of accuracy when passing.

Yes, Ziyech and Giroud are slower but they're more precise / accurate with what they try to do.

Smart move from Tuchel in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Bison said:

Werner and Tammy up top means an awful lot of turnovers and more opportunities for Man Utd to counter. They simply do not keep possession well enough due to bad first touches and lack of accuracy when passing.

Yes, Ziyech and Giroud are slower but they're more precise / accurate with what they try to do.

I like Ziyech but would have thought a Tammy, Werner or Pulisic type would have been useful. You would expect us to have less of the ball and play more on the counter especially with the Kova/Kante midfield. 

GURJ SS   
2 minutes ago, Bison said:

I hope so, as long as we have the type of game we had against AM we'll be fine, but if it becomes an open Premier League style game then we may find ourselves struggle to get a foothold in the game.