• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Liverpool 0 Chelsea 1

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Puts our result into context. 

It certainly does. 6 losses over the last 7 games. Six straight home losses and only one goal scored - a penalty. 

Liverpool are currently one of the worst PL sides. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

It certainly does. 6 losses over the last 7 games. Six straight home losses and only one goal scored - a penalty. 

So have we beaten a big 6 team or not this season? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Yes we have and putting Everton to bed tonight would help in the charge for a top 4 finish.

the point is some on here were salivating over the result against the dippers, whereas the truth is they are not very good at present and have been beaten by some very poor teams.

Embarrassed to say, I watched the match yesterday and fulham replicated TT tactic's and came away with the same result.

Just thought I'd mention that while people seem preoccupied by how Liverpool have become such a poor side, that's not our team's problem, nor Tuchel's. You can only play what's put in front of you. I'll take the 3 Points, and not be in the slightest bit embarrassed. 

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Embarrassed to say, I watched the match yesterday and fulham replicated TT tactic's and came away with the same result.

The team that Fulham beat were a different team to the one we beat(they'd dropped 7 players). Liverpool wanted it against us - I don't go along with the comments that we didn't beat a top 4 team. Liverpool are still a good team and they showed that against Leipzig. They may not be on top form but, they can still raise their game for the big games like they tried to with ours on Thursday.

12 hours ago, Ham said:

I don't know.

I think Droy should get to decide. After all, it is his metric we are using I suppose. What is clear thouh, is that Liverpool was in the bottom three in the form table when we played them.

paulw66   
16 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Puts our result into context. 

The XI against us was much stronger.

15 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

As above. 

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Just thought I'd mention that while people seem preoccupied by how Liverpool have become such a poor side, that's not our team's problem, nor Tuchel's. You can only play what's put in front of you. I'll take the 3 Points, and not be in the slightest bit embarrassed. 

Well, quite.

If you want to play devil's advocate, perhaps United's win at City puts our result against them last into perspective? Although I am sure someone will find a reason otherwise. 

paulw66   

Additionally, in response to the comments about Liverpool's overall form, yes it is bad. We had the same comments after the Spurs result too. But let's not forget, we went to Everton, a team who hadn't had a clean sheet in 12 games, and didn't score. We then went to Wolves, who were about 15th / 16th and lost. We went to Arsenal, who had picked up 2 points from their previous 7 games, and lost; badly. 

We recently went to Southampton, who had lost 6 on the bounce, and drew. 

You have to turn up and win these games, irrespective of form.

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I think Droy should get to decide. After all, it is his metric we are using I suppose. What is clear thouh, is that Liverpool was in the bottom three in the form table when we played them.

The point of that discussion was whether we were doing well in Nov/December, which apparently quite a few people thought we were.
I don't think anyone disputes we are doing well now.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If you want to play devil's advocate, perhaps United's win at City puts our result against them last into perspective? Although I am sure someone will find a reason otherwise. 

Yes I think that is a good point.  

chara   
13 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Absolutely MT....every football fan regardless of club hopes that the current opponent "slips' as far as form is concerned.

The other side of the coin is when a side plays out of it's skin against your team regardless of current form...it's called football.