• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Liverpool 0 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

They have huge problems at centre back and midfield. I'm excited to see what a fresh Timo can do against that backline. Cautiously optimistic, walking away with a draw wouldn't be the worst result but a win would be massive. 

Would take 4 points from the next 2 games. 6 would be a massive step in our top 4 quest 

Bison   
1 hour ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

They have huge problems at centre back and midfield. I'm excited to see what a fresh Timo can do against that backline. Cautiously optimistic, walking away with a draw wouldn't be the worst result but a win would be massive. 

They have huge problems in defence and midfield and we have huge problems in midfield and attack.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Call me Negative Nigel if you like, but after tonight's results, a 0-0 draw would be enough for me.

A draw is no good to us after the last two games, THIS IS NOT THE LIVERPOOL FROM THE LAST TWO SEASONS, Lampard blew it earlier in the season by being too cautious, TT cannot afford a draw, look at liverpools results since 27 Dec

liverpool 1-1 Wba                 Newcastle 0-0 Liverpool    Soton 1-0 Liverpool

man Utd 0-0 Liverpool         Liverpool 0-1 Burnley         Spurs 1-3 Liverpool

West Ham 1-3 Liverpool     Liverpool 0-1 Brighton       Liverpool 1-4 Man City

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool       Liverpool 0-2 Everton        Sheffield Utd 0-2 Liverpool

P12    W3   D3   L6   Pts12

Teams are not scared of them anymore, apart from Sheffield Utd they haven't beaten anyone in the bottom 7, they beat a scared Jose team and a West Ham team who Moyes admitted afterwards gave them too much respect.

WE HAVE TOO WIN, go for it from minute 1, pick an attacking lineup and let them worry about us, look at all the players who are out.

• Like 1

JaneB   

Will be live on Sky Sports tonight :-)

Mendy

.                Azpi.      Christensen. Rudiger 

james.          Kante.             Kovacic.    Chilwell

.             Mount.                              Pulisic

.                                Abraham or Werner

Edited by Worsebytheday

bert19   
5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I think we need to score first. Just that we don't need to take huge risks early on to do it. 

No, but we do need to take a lot more risks going forward to score enough to win us games like this.  It can't always be 1-0 off 2 or 3 shots on target.  And frankly, with the talent at our disposal we should be creating and scoring a lot more than we are.  We've gone to an extreme with this risk-averse football of late.  

bert19   
35 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Will be live on Sky Sports tonight :-)

You will be? Or the game will be? 😄

20 minutes ago, bert19 said:

No, but we do need to take a lot more risks going forward to score enough to win us games like this.  It can't always be 1-0 off 2 or 3 shots on target.  And frankly, with the talent at our disposal we should be creating and scoring a lot more than we are.  We've gone to an extreme with this risk-averse football of late.  

To be fair, we were a shambles when Tuchel came in and had been for some time.

I know some dont want to talk about it but the level of coaching under Frank, in my opinion, was nowhere near good enough. Hence the horrendously out of form attacking players. Every single one of them.

Tuchel has never been known to be a defensive coach, every time I watched one of his teams in the past it was always enjoyable, attacking football and I have no doubt it will come but taking over what he did was always going to be difficult and take time to get it right. 

Edited by Martin1905

JaneB   
17 minutes ago, bert19 said:

You will be? Or the game will be? 😄

😉😂

Can you imagine the ‘punditry’ tonight?  Had to get a Chelsea voice in there somewhere, and a female one at that just to doubly p*** everyone off 😂 

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

To be fair, we were a shambles when Tuchel came in and had been for some time.

The first time we went from reckless to over cautious this season was with the Man U and Sevilla 0-0s.
This time around it has been much more balance.  Yes we look very strong in defence now (which I presume must surprise a lot of people).  
But we are dominating games, we are moving the ball around, and we are creating a few chances - enough to win some games and draw the rest  - which is kind of what football is supposed to be about.