• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Liverpool 0 Chelsea 1

12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

To be fair, we were a shambles when Tuchel came in and had been for some time.

I know some dont want to talk about it but the level of coaching under Frank, in my opinion, was nowhere near good enough. Hence the horrendously out of form attacking players. Every single one of them.

Tuchel has never been known to be a defensive coach, every time I watched one of his teams in the past it was always enjoyable, attacking football and I have no doubt it will come but taking over what he did was always going to be difficult and take time to get it right. 

Not so sure about this.  I think excuses are being made for some average performances from our attacking players. Laying that at Frank’s door still is stretching it a bit.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Not so sure about this.  I think excuses are being made for some average performances from our attacking players. Laying that at Frank’s door still is stretching it a bit.

Maybe but the upturn in performances from Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, CHO, Kovacic, Kante and even Kepa would suggest otherwise.

Some very good players became very average under Frank and have improved very quickly under Tuchel. Difference with our attacking players is that it can take a while longer to regain form and confidence for that type of player.

We shall see soon enough I would imagine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Maybe but the upturn in performances from Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, CHO, Kovacic, Kante and even Kepa would suggest otherwise.

Some very good players became very average under Frank and have improved very quickly under Tuchel. Difference with our attacking players is that it can take a while longer to regain form and confidence for that type of player.

Well I hope they hurry up as a top 4 place is up for grabs if we can start scoring.

Rob B   
52 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Kepa’s played what 1 game? 

The defenders you listed are all now playing in a 3 which anyone can see that it suits them better, but flipside is that Silva, Zouma and James were hardly playing poorly before that. 

CHO started to show his form 3-4 games prior to Frank being sacked, but we should absolutely credit TT for keeping him in the team. 

Jorginho and Kovacic are genuinely playing well granted, but Kante has played three games and one of them was against Barnsley and the entire team was horrendous, whilst Alonso has been the same old Alonso - his strengths and weaknesses are there to see regardless of manager. 

So overall I don’t think we should go overboard with the upturn in performances bit just yet.  I like the formation change and introduction of CHO as a regular because that was deserved and we look disciplined and well drilled, but getting Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz and Abraham firing will be his real challenge. And I suspect what he will be judged on.

Ham   
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Will be live on Sky Sports tonight :-)

So....... Carragher? 

😔

GURJ SS   

I hope Tuchel doesn't go with too many defensive players, against stronger teams he tends to pick 6 defensive players with 1 in-between and 3 attackers.

For this game I'd like to see 4 defensive players, 2 in-between, 4 attackers.

Liverpool's weakness is their defence and if we don't exploit it then the question around the whole match will be, will they score or won't they? With our's being will we get a lucky goal?

image.thumb.png.8337dc6181b8ccf6cb28bfc5b8bda7e1.png

Defensive mostly - James and Chilwell as the WBs.
Werner as striker, Ziyech with Mount at 10s

Pleased to see Jorginho + Kante for a big game - my choice now Kante seems fit.

Abraham still not on the bench - is something up?

Edited by Droy was my hero

Interesting lineup with James in right midfield ?

chelboy   
13 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I hope Tuchel doesn't go with too many defensive players, against stronger teams he tends to pick 6 defensive players with 1 in-between and 3 attackers.

7 defensive players it is then. 2 LB’s on the bench just incase we need more defensive players.