• Current Donation Goals

chara   
5 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Count me in. I think he's probably the most complete all-round young footballer in England at the moment. Credit to Lampard for bringing him into the senior squad. But  James seems to be undergoing a mini transformation and liberation under TT.

Don't they all?

With you on James...coming along nicely.

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Generally yes, but I thought that thump into Alonso was to his chest.  He then took a long while on the ground, looked around and decided to stroke his chin.

Naughty by Alonso I thought.  I despise face clutching (and despise the failure of refs with VAR to do the slightest thing about it).
Mind he took that late kick on his ankle with good grace.  I guess he had already heard the ref who reacted quickly so knew a yellow was on its way.

Sorry Droy...definately took it on the chin......anyone else see it that way or am I missing something?....and I mispelt Davies...but still SS!

Ham   
25 minutes ago, chara said:

Sorry Droy...definately took it on the chin......anyone else see it that way or am I missing something?....and I mispelt Davies...but still SS!

He was caught by a flailing elbow on the point of the chin.  Quite obvious actually. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

He was caught by a flailing elbow on the point of the chin.  Quite obvious actually. 

Yep. Not a doubt.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Seen it now - around 84m - first arm is a push back in the chest, a moment later Alonso runs into the other arm/elbow, which isn't actually easy to see, but does connect on the chin.  

39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seen it now - around 84m - first arm is a push back in the chest, a moment later Alonso runs into the other arm/elbow, which isn't actually easy to see, but does connect on the chin.  

Did not see the match, however; the wireless and press are saying, Alsono went down like he was hit with one of "Enry's Hammers"

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

We should be second. Comfortably

~75pts then?

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

And his best performance in a Chelsea shirt for Havertz.  The role he played seemed to suit him, but moreso he looked super motivated.  Winning aerial duels, pressing, linking play etc.  I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him so far, so have never been concerned that he’ll come good eventually, but I suspect tonight’s performance will raise a few eyebrows from some of his critics. 

You don't pay 80m to raise eyebrows, everyone knows his talent its all about building a team around him 

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes I am sure Mount ends up in CM not AM.  But that usually takes a couple of years to happen as players mature.  Of course Mount plays so often he is maturing quickly.

The world is his oyster, so long he steers away for the fabregas ideology of thinking he was the best thing since slice bread, when in he was nothing more than a forward passing Jorghino.

3 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Count me in. I think he's probably the most complete all-round young footballer in England at the moment. Credit to Lampard for bringing him into the senior squad. But  James seems to be undergoing a mini transformation and liberation under TT.

His defensive skill are still flawed and need refining, let's hope he's not selected for England's summer campaign, allowing him to work on his defensive skill over the summer.

4 hours ago, chara said:

TT..well..certainly knows what his squad can and can't do....still get the impression he is auditioning everyone for next season.

TT is the one on the audition, no top 4 no next season.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Passes made:  Azpi 92, Christensen 91, Zouma 61.
So even with Zouma in the team, the old days of 100+ passes for both Zouma and Kante have gone

I noticed this too. Not only fewer passes but he also looked like he was positioned much wider than before when he got the ball. Might have been to give him more short pass outlets? Interesting if anyone has some tactical insight into it. Seemed to be a brilliant move because suddenly we didn’t rely on Zouma in the passing game and when we did he actually provided some good plays. 

paulw66   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

~75pts then?

We should have been aiming for 80 points from the start of the season. 

If TT takes us over 70, he's done incredibly well, given we were 29 from 19